Part 1.2 - Introduction to Bradford

Carly

Back in the 1800s, around the time of the civil war, there was a farm well known for all its cotton and rice exports referred to as the Carlton farm, as that was the bloodline that had run the farm ever since it was created nearly a century ago. And like South Carolina, slave labor was needed. All slaves on the farm were African Americans, but there were two that stood out from above the rest, two young children. No one knows what their names were, nor what they looked like, but what was known about them before they came to the farm, was how they had ended up killing their parents, and were somehow given slavery as an alternative to death.

Anyways, they were mistreated because of this and over the course of several years, they grew more and more bitter, but there was at least some kind of salvation to this dire situation. You see, this farm in Georgia had many animals around it, including cows, chickens, sheep, pigs, and a few others. Most say the two adored the animals and gave them more care than normal people would since that was the only way to gain any kind of morale in the dire situation they were in.

However, one day, it was rumored that there was a third murder that the twins had secretly perpetrated, this one of an important head in the newly developing town of Bradford. This angered Bradford's townspeople, to the point where they came to the Carlton farm and the owner and even his own son turned the evil children over.

Both of them begged for mercy, saying they were innocent, but in return, that night was decided to be their execution, and this would apparently be by public burning at the stake. And so that night they would tie them up and prepare to set them ablaze, when all of a sudden, some of the animals came to save the kids, and one almost managed to set one of the kids free before it was killed by someone in the crowd.

It's not clear exactly what happened next however, but what's most beloved to have happened is that when the children died, a supposed demonic force took up their rage in fire within their souls and blew fire at the crowd, which killed at least 11 people at the scene, but it didn't stop there. The demon then set the Carlton Farm ablaze, which would also lead to the death of Frank Carlton, the owner of the farm itself.

Over time, the town slowly recovered from this, and the now fostered son grew up to become a regular citizen in Bradford. However, every 20 or so years after that, someone in the town of Bradford would die as a result of murder, and unfortunately, the killer was never caught. Because of this, and with this being taking place after the two kids were executed, people assumed that every 20 or so years, the angered spirits of the kids would go on to claim the life of someone in a horrific and grotesque way so that the town that showed them no mercy would know they still existed, with the intention of haunting them forever. But since the murders eventually stopped after the death of the fostered son around 1935, people treated them like a disturbing urban legend ever since.

However, I know there's something more to it, and so does my older sister.

"Carly! Come on, we have to go!"

And it sounds like that's her. "I'm coming Savannah!"

My name is Carly Cohen, and her name is Savannah Cohen, and together we're just siblings living with two other family members trying to live a good life. Ultimately, I'd say we do fight a little bit, but we definitely care more for each other than not at all.

However, I'm getting off track, because the real thing is that we've moved to Bradford is mainly because of our parents being rather rough on us, and also to live with our uncle, Jefferey, and his son, Kevin, along with their dog and kitten, Cody and Trixie. They're both nice to live with, even though Kevin may seem cocky and a bit too silly, decision wise, we for my opinion. But Jefferey is great as well, and worth of staying with as your relatives.