Gusu Lan Sect receives their element with a warning

As the three months went by after the incident, Wei Ying found herself alone in the library as Lan Wangji took to his duties, both Master Lan left for a conference in QingHe for a week so studies were halted, all studies much to Wei Ying's utter disappointment but her mood Lightened at the thought that now she could spend all her time in the library, those thoughts were shattered as both Wen Qing and Jiang Yanli would come in and take her away from her precious work just to eat and socialize.

ZeWu-Jun also noticed the difference and decided to send a letter to her parents who said that for their daughter this was normal and that once she had the answer she was looking for she would return to her normal self, Lan Wangji hearing the news decided to be patient and wait until Wei Ying was ready, he would join them in the common Hall for breakfast, lunch and dinner spending as much time as he can with Wei Ying, even Jiang Cheng was there and stories carried around until one day that all changed.

On the fifth day of no studies, Wen Qing and Jiang Yanli once again all but dragged Wei Ying out of the library pavilion.

But... but I am so close, please let me return, I promise to eat double at dinner whined Wei Ying

Unless you want me to use one of your talismans to be compliant Wei Ying you will stop this and follow like a maiden scowled Wen Qing

Fine, fine pouted Wei Ying as she stopped fighting due to the promised threat.

Once reaching the common Hall she saw Lan Wangji and her mood instantly changed as she walked over to him and kissed his cheek before settling down, today Jiang Yanli wanted to treat them with soup as the weather had indeed turned colder yet not enough for snow to fall, once everyone had a bowl, Wei Ying looked at it mesmerized.

It's pork rib, lotus soup Jiang Yanli said smiling

Nan Fei will go giddy over this smiled Wei Ying

It is unfair she followed you to Wei Sect pouted Nie HuaiSang

She loves me best grinned Wei Ying, anyway in two days I will be gone for about a day, Lan Zhan will be coming with me.

To where asked Wen Qing

There are some reports on our border that resentful energy is plaguing our bridge, I cannot go alone because I am here, and I have asked ZeWu-Jun if he would come with, but he said there is too much to do here and rather Lan Zhan would be better suited explained Wei Ying

Can I join asked Xue Yang

Not this time, Bai Chie needs to stay here, and you are the only one that she will listen to when I am not around said Wei Ying

What are you working on Wei Ying asked Jiang Yanli

It is something that I might be able to give back to the clans, but I think keeping it to myself now is better until I am sure smiled Wei Ying

After that they ate in silence Wei Ying was finished before anyone and kissed Lan Zhan's cheek again before running back towards the library, ZeWu-Jun saw the unhappy look on Lan Wangji's face and for once in his life decided to intervene. Once lunch was over Lan Wangji made his way back silently towards the JingShi while ZeWu-Jun walked towards the library, once at the door he suddenly noticed that Wei Ying was not there in her usual spot and went in to search for her, when he finally heard a grasp. Luckily for them both ZeWu-Jun was standing in the right spot as Wei Ying lost her grip and footing and plummeted down.

Butterfly, although I welcome you in my arms as my sister but if my brother saw this, I am afraid you will have to protect me from his wrath smiled ZeWu-Jun as he gently placed her down on shaky feet.