The Phoenix dance and betrayal

Wei Ying stood up as Qiao ran to her master yapping like all puppies do while Bai Chie decided to rather follow Wei Ying back to her chambers it wasn't that she didn't want to congratulate her friends but she needed to get ready, the banquet was in two hours and the heavens know how long it would take for her to get ready, with the robes that was made especially for this dance laid perfectly on the bed as she entered and her bath behind the divider, she knew that once Wen Qing was done, she would find her along with Li Mei to get her ready but for now she could only think of taking a bath.

"If only I could scrub my head on the inside and forget the dirty image of that Jin than maybe I would feel clean"

Thought Wei Ying as she got in. Sometime later her chamber door opened, and a hand started washing her hair, she knows it was Li Mei because the woman always smelt of spring rain, but her hands were shaking as they washed something was wrong.

Li Mei, is something the matter? asked Wei Ying

I am sorry maiden Wei cried Li Mei

Normally when someone apologized to her, they either had already done something they were not proud of, or was going to do something they are not proud of, Wei Ying already knew that it was her that allowed Jin GuangYao to break into her previous chamber because of Hong Ping, Wei Ying also knew that Li Mei little sister and only family member has been missing since Wei Ying returned to the QiShan before the study at Cloud Recesses, so what was Li Mei apologizing for?

Li Mei, tell me honestly said Wei Ying

I... I was the one to let Master Jin into your chambers, but I knew that was not your true chamber as I was secretly helping maiden Wen and First master to prepare this one... I was also the one to poison Sect leader Wen... but he knew and told me if it is for my safety and the safety for my sister then he will keep my secret said Li Mei as she cried more.

Oh, my idiot uncle sighed Wei Ying knowing that he supported loyalty.

They killed her Maiden Wei... they killed my sister. When Hong Ping heard sect leader Wen and I talking about the incident and not allowing anyone within your new chambers because no one could said Li Mei as she finally broke down.

Li Mei parents died two years after Li Mei's sister was born and to help her look after her sister she climbed the steps at the age of seven and stayed on her knees begging Wen RouHan to take them in as servants which he did not he wanted to take them in as family but Li Mei insisted that it was too much so instead Madam Wen gave both children to a nanny saying that first they need to build their strength before starting to learn their duties that was sixteen years ago, Li Mei's sister would care for Wei Ying when Wei Ying came with her parents to visit and was fiercely protected over Wei Ying which did not surprise anyone but then she disappeared a year ago and no one could find her, the Wen sect searched everywhere.

Li Mei, how was... how did...

The creatures that was set free, my sister wanted to warn you, but they got to her first, first master Xu ordered the creatures to be cut opened yesterday to collect their cores and they found my sister along with many other smaller creatures and their cores.

And what did Hong Ping do to you when you tried defying him? asked Wei Ying

He would hit me and say that if he gave the word my sister would die said Li Mei

So, my best friend was killed for trying to save me, intentionally released said Wei Ying thinking, Li Mei fetch Wen Qing wash your face so that it does look like you have been crying I will deal with this in down way smiled Wei Ying

Yes maiden Wei. Maiden Wei... we made a promise... my sister and I after what happened... to protect you within our sects walls with our life... maiden Wei master Jin wants to be able to enter this chamber tonight after the banquet along with a few other people said Le Mei