{7}

The next morning, Tyler awoke to the sound of the sparrows chirping throughout the cottage. He stretched out his arms and legs, and hummed a sweet little tune. It took a moment for him to realize where he was, until he heard the sounds of bells and little children speaking.

"What a slumber we had." Harry said; helping Imogene out of bed.

"Aye, it was a good sleep." He replied.

Brycen, who had slept in Josh's bed, rolled through the sheets and fell on the floor, but he got back up in time.

"How did I end up on the floor?"

"Relax, ser Brycen." Gerard said. "You merely fell off the bed."

The boy looked over himself, then he looked over to his bed and saw Tyler, who covered his face in a fright.

"I remember how!"

He got to his feet and ran over to his bed, pushed Josh out of the way, then removed the sheets from the frightened boy.

"What's your name?"

Soon, all seven of the knights gathered around the bed. Tyler sat up and timidly spoke to them.

"Tyler Joseph."

"How did you come here?" Brycen asked.

"Who let you in?" Imogene added.

"Did you eat our food?" Gertie asked.

"And, try to sleep in all our beds?" Sydney added.

Before Tyler could answer to them, Josh got up from the floor and stood up. He saw the youngling knights gathered around the bed. Gerard and Mark were standing over them; trying to calm them down.

When he saw that his beloved friend has awakened, he smiled.

"Tyler."

The boy looked up and saw the one person he had longed to see again.

"Josh!"

The man ran to his side and embraced him. Tyler was so filled with joy, he started weeping tears of happiness.

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again."

"What do you mean?" Josh asked. "What happened to you?"

"First, tell us how you entered our home?" Brycen demanded. "We believed you were the beast who disturbed the peace!"

Gerard came over and yanked him back towards him.

"You be silent, or I'll tie you to the bedpost and feed your tongue to the dog!"

"You're gonna let Jim eat my tongue?!"

"Silence!" Josh cried.

Gerard pushed Brycen to the floor next to Mark, then he came back to his feet, but he dared not to speak.

When all was calm, Josh turned back to Tyler.

"How did you find where we lived?"

"You told me you lived in the woods, and I thought to find you there."

"Did something happen to you?"

The boy quietly nodded.

"What happened?" Josh asked.

Tyler took a deep breath, held his friend's hand, and proceeded to tell everyone what had happened to him.

"My aunt is very jealous of my beauty. She sent her seamstress to cut out my heart and bring it back to her, but she spared my life."

When Josh heard this, he became enraged. He couldn't believe that the aunt would want his sweet innocent young friend, whom he loved dearly, to die.

Tyler reached out and touched Josh's cheek.

"She wants my rare beauty, and I know she'll do anything to get it. My life is in danger, dear Josh."

~

Josh felt heartache and fear that his friend was feeling. His life was important to him now, whether he lives or dies, Tyler is now his priority.

He wrapped his arms around the boy and didn't let go.

He just wanted to hold him and let him know that he was there for him, and was never going to leave him.

The rest of the knights watched, but they weren't sure on what was happening.

Gertie looked up to Gerard.

"Gerard, what does he mean?"

"It seems Josh's friend is in grave danger of death." He replied; placing his hand on his shoulder.

Mark kept Harry and Imogene close, while Brycen stood by.

"I don't trusteth that gent." The big knight said; his hand gripping his sword. "He is falsing, and there is nay proof."

"Break thee off, Brycen." Mark replied. "We don't knoweth this knave yet."

When Gerard heard Tyler's pleas for help, he immediately believed and wished to serve him. He stepped forward; trying to be Brycen away from the child. He kneeled next to him; his sword bent before him.

"As I serve Josh, mine own most wondrous friend, I shall anon serve thee."

The man bowed his head to Tyler.

"I, Gerard Way, gage to protecteth thee from thy naughty aunt, and keepeth thee safe from harm."

After he made his vow, Mark stepped forward and bowed his sword to the child. Then, Imogene, Sydney and Harry laid their scabbards to him.

Gertie, even though he was just a little youngling, he bravely yielded his little sword to the sweetling, who could only watch and smile.

When everyone finished giving their vows, Gerard turned to Brycen.

"Art thee going to maketh thy vow to the boy?"

The big knight crossed his arms.

"Nay, I don't wanteth to."

"But, thee might not but. Just behold at that child. He is afraid, and we art all he hast anon."

Brycen sighed.

"Very well, I'll maketh mine vow, but only because thee madeth me."

Within that difficult minute of contemplation and hesitation, Brycen finally made his promise to the boy.

At that very moment, Tyler felt a sense of relief when he found his new friends, and his best friend and love, Josh. He knew he was going to be safe and continue to contain his rare beauty.

But the wicked aunt would soon learn the truth that her nephew was still alive.