{prologue}

The woman opened her window to see the snow falling down like feathers from the sky. The flakes shined as they landed below, bringing delight to everyone around them.

The snow covered roads and cars, trees and bushes, and ice crystals twinkled on the edges of house roofs. The woman smiled at the sight of them, rubbing her belly, feeling a kick.

She was expecting to have a child, and she was near the end of her pregnancy. She prayed every night to have a baby, and her wish was granted.

Even though she fell ill once every week, she knew it all be worth it when she brings her child into the world.

The woman turned her head away from the snow, and saw her husband with a bag in his hand. She was very curious to know what he was doing.

"My husband, where are you going?"

"I'm leaving on a trip, but I will come back in a month."

"Darling, the baby is coming very soon, and I want you to be here with it's time."

Her husband laid his hand upon her face, then pressed his hand on her stomach, feeling the baby's kick.

"I will be here for this baby, I promise."

She kissed his wife on the forehead.

"Be safe." She told him.

He nodded.

"I will."

The woman watched as her beloved husband left her. Tears fell from her cheeks and dripped onto her hands, eventually falling to the ground. The snow fell around her, and the sky started fading.

For a whole month, her husband was gone, and the sadness overtook her.

Until the time came for her to have her child.

~

While preparing for the birth, her sister was by her side, along with her parents, and her nurse maid.

Her husband had not returned in time, which brought the woman into deep despair.

The birth was painful, filled with tears and sorrow. The woman was crying, holding her sister's hand and screaming for the pain to end.

She wished her husband was there like he promised he would. She waited patiently for him to return, and went into sadness because she thought he'd never come back.

It hurt her more than the physical pain of her birth.

Eventually, the baby was delivered, covered in blood, crying for its mother. The nurse maid held the child in her arms, checking its gender.

When she saw what it was, she looked up to the woman, smiling.

"It's a boy."

The nurse maid handed the woman her newborn baby, and cried with tears of joy.

"My beautiful baby boy."

Just as she held him, her husband arrived, and was shocked to see his wife holding their baby. He came to her side, looking down on his newborn son.

When the woman saw him, she began to grow weak, and she laid down on the bed, loosing consciousness. The nurse maid touched her head, and it felt cold.

"She's very exhausted."

"It's okay." The woman said. "I'm happy, because you're here."

Her husband took her hand, with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"My love."

The woman smiled upon her husband.

"My beloved, our baby has rare beauty that no one can ever have. You're the only one who can protect him."

Her husband nodded.

"I will."

The woman looked down upon her son, touching his cheeks.

"He's so beautiful. I will name him, Tyler Robert Joseph."

~

Sadly, after she gave birth to the child, the woman died from exhaustion and happiness. Her husband was now all alone, raising his new born son without his mother.

He missed his wife very much, and her death saddened him for a while, until he found a solution.

When Tyler was 3 years old, his father brought in his mother's sister, who agreed to help raise the child in her place.

Tyler's aunt was a beautiful woman, but in reality, she's a cruel and envious woman, who couldn't stand anyone surpassing her in beauty.

Everyday, in the morning and at night, the aunt sat in front of her looking glass, and spoke to it.

"Greetings, magical looking glass. Tell me who is the most beautiful in all of the land."

Each time she spoke into her looking glass, it answered back to her.

"You, my lovely lady, are the most beautiful in all the land."

The aunt was happy, for she knew the looking glass spoke the truth.

But someday, a special person with a rare beauty and pure heart will surpass her and become the most beautiful one of all.