Memories

Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji watched Wei Ying's figure dashing at an almost impossible speed to the nightless city.

However, for Wei Ying, he could care less about anything anymore... For him... He is on the verge of losing that family again.

Jiang Yanli and Jin Ling were kidnapped... Jin Zixuan was found unconscious on the road. Jiang Fengmian had to stay beside Madam Yu who was now on the verge of dying due to an assassination attempt... Jiang Cheng is also missing despite Lan Xichen being with him.

His heart skipped so loud. He is afraid, so afraid that he will lose everything again. They landed on a distant land where the ruins of the ancient city could be found. He sheathed Suibian and began to walk towards the city.

"Wei Ying..." He heard Lan Wangji's voice.

"Lan Zhan..."

He throws glances at him with a cold and stern face. Lan Wangji was taken back, uneasiness crept into his veins. His heart ached with the arrogant smirk, cold stare, and red eyes.

"Wei Ying..."

"Not now... Lan Zhan..." Wei Ying said coldly and started to walk towards the ruins.

Lan Wangji heaved a breath and follow him. There were corpses inside but they proceeded light-footed as much as possible to avoid invoking the resentful energy. However, the corpses seem to have noticed the patriarch's presence and they started to attack them.

The glare of swords and the sound of guqin and xiao resounding all over the place. The corpses were endless forcing them into a corner.

A red flash suddenly emerged, Lan Xichen was fast enough to take the shot directed at his brother. It was Wen Zhuiliu.

Wei Ying launches an attack that had to pierce through space, "Wei Wuxian!"

"Core Melting hand... We meet again..." Wei Ying continued his onslaught on Wen Zhuiliu, "loyal as ever to that dog..."

"The word of recognition must be paid..."

"And I'll break it all again on my feet.."

Wangji's heart continued to ache. This was not the Wei Ying he knew, he met, the impression he got from a piece of painting. This was not the Wei Ying he had felt when they met. It was a different one.

One filled with resentment, animosity, and hatred. He's pained to the point he cannot bear to look away from him.

'was this the reason why everyone feared him? It's not his fault.'

Lan Wangji plucked two notes assisting Wei Ying in his attack. He had no right to waver right now. But his attack was blocked by another sound of guqin. It was Su She.

Liebing resounded to counter again. Talismans against talismans sound against sound, blade against blade. It was a hot battle, coupled with the horde directed against three persons.

Lan Xichen thrust Shoyue to Wen Zhuiliu, a three-way battle ensued against the three while, Lan Wangji was occupied with Su She and the corpses.

Xichen attacked Wei Ying dodged and lashed his blade below. Wen Zhuiliu dodges, attacks trying to grab any of the two. It was an evading battle. The one who is first caught will suffer great damage.

"Did the three thousand years make you rusty Hanguang-jun" Su She mocked Lan Wangji.

But Lan Wangji remained passive, "you are not my equal..."

A vein popped from Su She's head. Humiliation or mockery, he had wanted revenge against the man that looked down on him, "you will never be..." Lan Wangji added.