Chapter Eight

≪━─━─━─━─◈─━─━─━─━≫

A few more weeks passed, and I was finally able to start to use my arm within reason, and I used my time at Bloodhound's home cleaning, reading, and cooking.

Fuse visited frequently with or without Bloodhound being home. We often chatted about his time during apex and the other people in the games. He was very opinionated about the guns and even brought Wally, the named and beloved Mortar, for me to see once.

Fuse even explained that the ship they were worried about had been poachers coming to hunt prowlers illegally. They were sent away quickly and told if they return they will be killed. I had felt my fear dull down at the news.

I even helped Bloodhound most evenings fill out paperwork to get the village moved. Fuse always sitting at the kitchen table making jokes as Bloodhound and I groaned. We had gotten almost everything taken care of in the past two weeks.

Bloodhound had taken me to town with them and Fuse (who translated as best as he could for me) while they gathered everyone in the center to explain what was happening. They told the villagers that in the following two weeks to gather everything they couldn't live without and that they were going to be moving.

The village was in a roar for a good minute before Bloodhound shouted for them to quiet. It was a surprise to see them take lead as they had. The villagers listened and watched their leader as they spoke.

The next two weeks went in a blur. Fuse and Bloodhound had paid the ships that were already waiting for us all and some of the ships are asking for more for waiting.

"What are we going to do Houndy?" Fuse asked at the kitchen table as we sat around and discussed the problem.

"I do not wish to use (F/N)'s money for it brings its own problems," Bloodhound answered quickly.

"If we don't, Hound, half the ships are going to leave," I explained while cupping my warm tea, "Plus Even if I use it, it will be linked to this dying planet. It will be a dead end."

"If they aren't smart," Hound sighed, "If they look into the traveling group and where it's heading then it might lead them to where we are going."

"I'll pay all the ships more money to keep the location a secret," I sipped from my mug.

"Money talks," Fuse leaned in his chair, balancing on two legs, "If someone hunting you pays one of them, they are going to spill their guts,"

"It will be money out of the hunter's pocket, and they are always needing money," I chuckled, "Let's hope it's a poor merc."

"Fine," Bloodhound agreed finally, "If they come to storm point after you we will face them then."

"Damn right mate!" Fuse first pumped, "We won't let no one touch our girl."

I rolled my eyes at Fuse, "And this will be a good chance for me to withdraw a large sum for emergencies. Like paying the merc off."

With that, we agreed to pay the ships, I paid them off plus some to keep them shut. The following week was getting everyone on the ships. We then would be off for our next home.

I would be one of the last ones on the last ship with Fuse and Bloodhound. Somehow, Marteinn had switched ships and ended up with us. It was one hell of a week traveling.