Chapter 6 - Meeting the Boys

Hey beautifuls :) So slight change that I know will seem annoying but hopefully you'll forgive me cuz it just had to be done .. I changed Kaylee's Dad's name from "Richard" to "Bill" .. those of u who have read since Ch. 1 needed to knw this but new readers won't even knw bc I've changed the name in Ch. 1 already. Ok, so yea sorry about that but I have my reasons for this change. In case u don't remember "Lillian" is Kaylee's Mom and "Isabelle" is Gwen's. Enjoy xx :) Leave comments, vote and fan if u haven't already please (I'll fan back if u ask me too!!)

"Beth" will be introduced in this chapter and will be appearing later on in the future. "BethStypayhorlikson" has this part :) Go check out her stuff, comment and fan her please!!

***************************************************************************************

~Lillian's POV~

Listening to "the Talk!" on the kitchen television, I was waiting to hear the weather so I could dress myself appropriately after finishing my cup of coffee. Taking a closer look, I read the words zooming across the bottom of the screen:

ONE DIRECTION FANS CAMPING OUT ON THE STREETS FOR TICKETS TO SEE THEM LIVE ON "THE TALK!" THIS MORNING. FIRST FIVE GROUPS IN LINE GET THE CHANCE TO COMPETE IN THE iDANCE FOR 1D COMPETITION. WINNERS WILL MEET THE BOYS, BE INTERVIEWED ON THIS MORNING'S SHOW AND RECEIVE PRIZE BAGS FILLED WITH 1D MERCHANDISE. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ENTERED!!

As the words disappeared completely from the bottom of the screen the camera zoomed in a bit. My mouth fell open at what I saw next. Kaylee, MY KAYLEE, was stepping out of a huge tent that was taking up half the sidewalk and walking down the street towards a hotel. What the hell was she doing there?! I texted her quickly.

Kaylee^.^ : Kaylee, it's over. Imagine my surprise to wake up this morning, turn on the news and see you and Gwen walking into a tent in New York camping out for "the Talk" to see One Direction. You used the divorce as an excuse to get out of town and more importantly..SCHOOL. I'm very dissappointed in you, Kaylee. And to think I sceduled you a spa day because I felt bad about the way you found out about the divorce. Well that's certainly getting canceled and you can expect severe punishment when you return home. Enjoy this trip while you can and say goodbye to everything else, I truly mean EVERYTHING.

Then it hit me. Taking another good look at that huge tent, I realized who she was with. There was only one person I knew who could afford a tent of that size. Taking my cell phone out of my robe's pocket I dialed Isabelle's office. It rang twice before someone picked up.

"People Magazine. This is Beth speaking. How may I help you?" a cheery intern spoke.

"Hello, I was hoping to speak with Isabelle James, please?"

"One moment."

I was put on hold for about three minutes before she returned.

"I'm sorry ma'am but Ms. James is in a meeting right now. Can I take a message?"

"No, I really need to speak with her. It's urgent. Tell her it's Lillian Hoover, would you please?"

My patience was wearing thin.

"Ok, please hold."

This time I waited maybe five minutes, before I heard a familiar voice speak through the phone.

"Lillian? Hi, it's Isabelle is everything alright?"

"Well, no not really. Are you aware that our daughters are in New York sleeping in a tent on the street to see One Direction?"

"Umm--yes. I am aware of that, actually. I gave Gwen permission to go up there with Carter for her birthday present. Gwen mentioned she had invited Kaylee at school and she showed up at our house with a bag packed saying she had permission to go. Hold on one moment, sorry." She spoke to someone in the background telling them she wanted a chai tea latte with extra honey and a cranberry scone. I rolled my eyes at this. The perks of being Isabelle is a life I'll never know. Don't get me wrong, I liked Isabelle. She was a great friend to me and I enjoyed her company, however, she lived a life that most could only envy.