Chapter 11 - Beth

Hey readers!! I've been very busy lately, so I'm sorry for the long wait but I never forget about my readers :) I love you guys and I will try to update whenever I possibly can, just please be patient with me. Also, one last thing, I've started putting together a second story that I'm thinking will come out sometime in late May or early June? I wanna focus on this one and get it closer to being finished before I introduce another story, but I really feel like you guys will love it :) Ok, enough chit-chat, lol. Enjoy.

**********************************************************************************

~Kaylee''s POV~

Stepping out of the cab, I moved myself slowly, silently wishing I were anywhere else but here. Having to face Carter was going to be draining after all that went down recently and I really wasn't looking forward to it. I already felt so guilty for kissing Niall in front of him. That was just uncalled for on my part. Carter was my friend, and he could have been more, though we are way past that point. The more I mulled over it, the more I realized that he really wasn't being unreasonable. Going off with five boys we just met in a city we don't live in, or know our way around, was kinda dumb. Although, it WAS One Direction, and he knows Kaylee and I are huge fans, so I do still stand by our decision to leave. Opportunities like that aren't just handed out everyday, and we were living in the moment when we decided to go with them. I just think that maybe we could have handled things better, and I plan to apologize when we gtt upstairs.

"Thank you, sir." Gwen chirped as she handed the taxi driver the right amount of bills and coins. We linked arms and headed for the entrance to the hotel. I still clutched the tissue box ever so closely to my chest for fear it would disappear if I let my grip loosen on it. It was the only thing I had that made me realize it all wasn't a dream. That Gwen and I actually were lucky enough to spend time with our idols and possibly even land ourselves boyfriends?! But that wasn't for certain yet, so I kept my expectations low.

Walking into the hotel in silence, we headed for the elevator. Just as the doors were about to close, I heard a voice yell, "Please, hold the elevator." I pressed the button to re-open the doors and came face-to-face with an eerily familar looking girl. She looked a bit older than us, and re-adjusted her duffel on her shoulder as she stepped inside, thanking us for holding it for her.

"Oh my God, Beth?!" Gwen asked excitedly, her grin growing wider as each second passed.

"Gwen?! Hey sweetie!! It's so good to see you." this "Beth" replied. She wrapped her arms around Gwen. When they pulled away the elevator dinged, signaling we had reached our floor. We shuffled out into the hallway, but continued to pow-wow outside our rooms.

"So, what brings you to NYC? Has my mother FINALLY let you have some time off?" Gwen asked. And that's when it hit me. She was Gwen's mother's secretary/personal assistant. I remember because we were introduced last year at the magazine's annual Christmas Party. Gwen always invited me as her "guest" since she didn't have anyone else to take and I distinctly remember hearing her moan from the coat closet as I went to find the bathroom. Gwen had steered me away and we later found out that Carter had hooked up with her that night, which fueled my fire at the time. But now that Carter and I didn't have a prayer, I decided to actually get to know her and give her a chance. She truly was gorgeous. She wore a black and white striped cotton dress, red high heels and a matching red Coach bag that I envied. Her makeup was clean and fresh, not too overdone and I found myself drawn to her beautiful, big, round eyes. Her brown hair was pulled back into a low bun with a few pieces angled loosely around her face. I do believe the pearl stud earrings adorning her ears were real and the matching pearl on a silver chain matched the studs nicely pulling the whole look together. One thing was for certain...Carter was very lucky to have a girl as stunning as she. If it didn't work out for us, I hoped it would for them.