Chapter 1

Sasuke sighed softly as he drove the car faster.

"Remind me why we're going to a village again?" Mikoto asked from the backseat. She was waving her fan without stopping, and Sasuke checked the air conditioner if it was working or not. Well, menopause sucked, too bad for her.

"It's not a village," Fugaku growled. He was sitting at the other side of the backseat. "It's our village. Don't make me remind you of your roots."

"Hmph," Mikoto turned away from her husband, and started watching the farms they drove beside. With the same sour expression, Fugaku turned to his window, watching outside.

Sasuke sighed once again. What he was doing here, going to his parents' village with them as their driver? He hadn't thought his father would want such a thing from him when he said he had a request from Sasuke. Obviously, he had an old friend here, who he never stopped exchanging letters over the years, and finally, his friend had invited him to the village along with his family. Sasuke had never been to there, and despite his mother's obvious hatred for the place, he had accepted his father's simple wish. He could be a nearly thirty man, but he was his father's son still, and Uchihas always respected their parents.

"Are we there yet?" Mikoto asked after a while.

Fugaku looked around for a while, and then smiled softly, pointing ahead of them. "See the house there? It's Minato's."

Sasuke leaned over the wheel to see place his father was pointing at. True to his word, among the farms there was a house. It looked old, but still, Sasuke didn't care, he wasn't there to stay permanently.

He was about to head towards the house when somebody dashed out of the farms beside the road. Sasuke's eyes widened, and he stepped down on the brake hardly. The sleek black jeep screeched over the worn out asphalt, and with the last piece of his mind, Sasuke held onto the handbrake and pulled it harshly. The car stopped suddenly, causing Sasuke to hit his head on the wheel.

For a few moments, he was silent, trying to understand what just happened. He flexed his hold on the wheel, and then rubbed the spot he had hit. He turned back and looked at the other occupants of the car.

"Are you two alright?" Sasuke asked to his parents, and when he got identical nods, he left the car quickly. He walked to the front, and gasped as he saw a boy lying on the dusty road. "Shit," Sasuke cursed under his breath, and kneeled beside the boy immediately. "Are you alright?" Sasuke asked, but got no reply. The kid was too scared to speak probably.

Sasuke reached out to the boy, and grasped his shoulders to help him up. A painful sob left the kid's lips as he sat up, his teary eyes meeting with Sasuke's charcoal ones. Sasuke held his breath as he gazed at the boy in front of him. He had bright blond hair, which shined with the rays of the sun. His skin was sun kissed, a healthy tan which covered a slim, shapely body. But, what was most breathtaking about the boy was his eyes. They were the most beautiful shade of blue Sasuke had ever seen. They looked at Sasuke with such pure innocence that Sasuke thought he could see the boy's soul. His heart beating at his ears, Sasuke cupped the kid's face, and wiped away his tears with his thumbs gently.

"Are you alright?" Sasuke asked again, voice strangely husky. "I'm so sorry, I should have been paying more attention."

"How is he?" A frantic Mikoto asked as she left the car. She kneeled beside the kid quickly, and then started touching the boy's body to check him up.

The kid cried out in pain as Mikoto touched his left shoulder and hip.

"Stop it, mother," Sasuke hissed at his mother, and then turned back to Fugaku who was standing above them. "Father, can you walk the rest of the way? I'll take the child to a hospital."