Chapter 4

Naruto opened his heavy eyes with the sound of his alarm. He blinked a few times, and then grabbed his phone, shutting the device off quickly. Letting out a sigh, he rubbed his eyes softly, and then turned to his side. An adorning smile covered his face immediately.

There, in his arms, was sleeping his baby, Koichi. Naruto held his two year old, baby son closer to his chest, and kissed his forehead gently. He watched his son's sleeping face for a while. Koichi had pale skin, and soft, black hair. He had chubby cheeks, but the rest of his body was thin, and tiny. Brushing his baby's hair, Naruto left the bed carefully, not wanting to wake his love up yet. He shivered as the cold air of the room hit his skin, and immediately, he wrapped the blankets around his baby tighter, wanting to keep him warm.

Quickly, he walked to the corner of the room, and started the electrical heater. He wanted to warm the room before his Koi woke up. The room was small. There was only a bed, which both Koichi and Naruto slept in. There was a small wardrobe. And a few toys could be seen here and there, nothing more. There was a small bathroom connected to the room, and Naruto entered there first. He shed his oversized, worn out t-shirt, and sweatpants, and got in the shower. Naruto always showered in the mornings, when his baby slept. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to leave him alone.

He left the shower as quick as he had got in, and wrapped a big towel around his body from under his armpits. Then taking his thick, fluffy cardigan, he wore it immediately. He sighed in relief as he felt his skin getting warmer again. Wrapping another towel around his hair, Naruto left the tiny bathroom.

His baby was still asleep. Smiling, Naruto walked to the window, and opened it. He shivered as the cold winter air hit him. It was still dark outside, it was only five in the morning. Closing the window, Naruto decided to dress his baby with his thickest clothes. He felt like it could snow at any moment.

Quickly, he left the bedroom and walked to the other room. It took only two steps to reach the living room, at the same time kitchen. There was a dark red couch, and a low coffee table in front of it, which had colorful pencils and books on it. There was a small, old fashioned TV against the wall, and nothing more. At the right corner of the room, the kitchen was located. There was a short counter which had a sink and cooker on it, and a large cupboard was under the counter, which held the dry food stock. Beside the counter, there was a small fridge.

Naruto took a green apple from the fridge, and then washed it carefully, making sure that there was no unclean spot left behind. Then, he started peeling it quickly. He was shivering badly, but he didn't care about it, and only focused on preparing breakfast for his baby.

"Ah..." Abandoning the apple for a while, he filled the kettle with water, and let it boil. He got the apple again, and cut the apple into small pieces, putting them in a bowl. Kneeling down, he opened the cupboard, and took of a jar of baby biscuits. He put a few of them in the bowl, and along with apples, he started mashing them with a fork. Not liking how dry the puree was turning out, Naruto got milk from the fridge, and added some to the mixture, only enough to wet the biscuits, and let them mingle with apples.

When he was satisfied with the mash, he left it aside and then took off a plastic bottle and a baby bottle from the cupboard. He washed them carefully, and then filled the baby bottle with the boiled, now cool, water, then poured the rest in the plastic bottle.

Smiling to himself, Naruto took the bowl, and putting a small spoon in it, he carried it to the bedroom along with the bottle. When he entered the room, he found his baby sitting on the bed, rubbing his eyes with small fists.

"My baby's awake," Naruto called sweetly. "Good morning my love."

Koichi lowered his hands after hearing his mother's soft voice, and sky-blue eyes, just like Naruto's own greeted him. The baby smiled widely at the sight of Naruto, showing off pearly, small teeth.