Chapter 9

Naruto's wide eyes stared into Sasuke's face without blinking. What Sasuke was trying to do? Hurt Naruto with the dream of his Sasuke?

"Daddy!" Koichi cried behind Naruto, and Naruto looked at his baby.

His eyes were wide with excitement, and his small hands we balled into fists. He was breathing harshly, and to Naruto's surprise, he started crying in a way that could shatter an iceberg.

Sasuke opened his eyes, and blinked as he heard his son crying, almost choking as he did so.

"He's going to hyperventilate," Naruto said, and kneeled beside his baby immediately. "Baby, calm down," Naruto whispered. "You d-daddy is here for you," Naruto swallowed lump. "Everything's going to be fine now."

Sasuke took a shaky breath and then kneeled before his son and cupped his cheeks. "Calm down, my sweet son. You shouldn't cry, tears don't suit your beautiful face."

Koichi took a few deep breaths, then looked at Sasuke. "D-Daddy?"

"Yes," Sasuke breathed, and hugged Koichi to his chest tightly. "I'm here, I'm right here."

Naruto pushed back his tears as Sasuke took Koichi in his arms. How long had he waited for this? How long had he wanted for his baby to have his father? Koichi needed his father, not because he needed another person in his life. Because he needed the assurance only a father could give him. Naruto was ready to do everything for his baby, but he simply couldn't fill the absence that was Sasuke.

Sasuke breathed in his baby son's scent deeply. How long had he waited for this? Even before knowing he was a father, Sasuke had dreamed of being the father of the child Naruto would give him. And when he learned that he had a son with the person he loved more than life itself, Sasuke had felt like he could embrace the world. The knowledge of his son not recognizing Sasuke had broken his heart, and disheartened him. But now, now Sasuke had his baby right in his harms. He could embrace him as his father not a stranger.

"Daddy no wowk?" Koichi asked as he drew back, and touched Sasuke's cheeks with his small hands.

Sasuke smiled softly, and then kissed his son's chubby cheeks. "No, I... finished my work. I won't leave you ever again."

"Daddy no go?" Koichi asked, smiling happily.

"No, I'm not going anywhere again," Sasuke smiled back at his son. "You and I will be to together always."

"Daddy mommy Kocci togetew?" Koichi asked, kissing Sasuke's cheek softly.

Sasuke cupped his cheek where his son kissed him in awe, because Koichi had never did that before. "Yes," Sasuke replied, his eyes going to Naruto briefly. "Your mommy, you and I won't be apart anymore. We're a family."

Koichi smiled and then hugged Sasuke happily. "Mommy?" He turned to look at Naruto, who was watching their interaction silently. "Mommy com."

Naruto nodded, and crawled to his baby. He put his arms around him from behind, and buried his face in his neck. Naruto tensed as he felt Sasuke putting his arms around them both, but after a moment, he relaxed and closed his eyes as his head rested against Sasuke's shoulder.

Sasuke took a shaky breath as Naruto settled in his arms. Perfect, it was perfect. He had the two loves of his life where he wanted them, where they belonged. Sasuke just knew that Koichi would be the one to melt the ice between him and Naruto. And he couldn't help but feel like it would be one of the million reasons for him to worship his baby son.

"Daddy love Kocci?" Koichi asked after a while, warm and safe between his parents.

"I do," Sasuke answered immediately. "I do love you so much."