Chapter 3

Sasuke opened his eyes slowly. His room was slightly dark due to the heavy curtains covering the windows. He sat up on the bed, and the white sheets pooled around his waist. He gazed at the digital clock on his night stand and saw that it was nearly seven, his biological clock never failed him. Moving slowly, he draped his legs over the edge of the bed, and run a hand through his tangled hair. Letting out a short sigh, Sasuke looked around, and then took the frame that stood next to the clock.

He looked at it with a soft smile. He looked at his own smiling face, he looked at Naruto's happy face, and couldn't help but feeling his heart throb painfully. It had been too long since the last time Sasuke had seen that smile. Too long that Sasuke missed that warm embrace. Too long that Sasuke longed for that pure love. Almost three years...

Whenever Sasuke thought of Naruto, he felt the scar in his heart bleeding anew. Sasuke couldn't forget about Naruto. He tried really hard. He tried to find someone else, he tried to replace him. But no one had as blue eyes as him, no one had as shiny hair as him, no one smiled warmly like him, no one... no one loved like him. And Sasuke was the one who pushed all those away. Just because he thought Naruto would be better off... And it seemed that he was, Sasuke thought bitterly. Every day he woke up, Sasuke expected something. A call, to be precise, telling him that Naruto still wanted him, still loved him, and they could still be together, forgetting about the agony of separation. But it never came...

Sasuke sighed, and then leaving the frame on the night stand, he stood up and went to his bathroom to take a shower. He was quick with his freshening up, and he left the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and started looking for a suitable suit for the day. His room was plain. He had a bed, a wardrobe, and nothing more eye catchy. He decided on a dark blue suit, and then left his room quickly. The breakfast was eight, and Mikoto didn't like anyone being late, seeing it as a disrespect.

Everybody in their family had changed. Sasuke had turned into a bitter man. He didn't smile anymore, he didn't talk to people unless it was necessary. He didn't have anything in life to give him any satisfaction, only except his job.

Fugaku had become silent. Many times, he wanted to call Minato, but not getting any word from his friend wounded him deeply, and he was too ashamed with what happened that he didn't have heart to call him. Fugaku never forgave Sasuke for what he did.

Mikoto was a happier woman than in the past. She had managed to save both her husband and son from that stupid village. Nowadays, she was trying to convince Sasuke to settle down with Sakura, who she thought was the perfect bride for their family. Nobody knew of Sasuke's marriage anyway.

"Good morning," Sasuke greeted his father and mother who had been sitting around a long table.

They lived in a big, luxurious, two story house. On the first floor there was a huge living room and a dining table, and across them was the kitchen. There were stairs leading to the second floor, where there were bedrooms and a few rooms that weren't used at all.

"Good morning," Mikoto smiled at her son, and Fugaku settled for an acknowledging nod.

Sasuke nodded, and sat down. A maid approached him quickly, and served his breakfast silently. Sasuke was quick to drink his tea and eat some cheese. The tomato plate was placed right in front of him, but Sasuke didn't touch even one. He had stopped eating tomatoes after leaving the village. None of the tomatoes in this ridiculously big city tasted as delicious as the ones Kushina grew in her little garden.

"I'll be off now," Sasuke said, after paying the bathroom a visit.

"Okay," Mikoto smiled at her son, helping him wear his coat. "I was thinking of inviting Sakura over for dinner."