Chapter 13

Naruto hissed, then rubbed the spot that was pierced by a needle just a moment ago. "

This should help you," Iruka said as he disposed of the used needle.

After talking to Naruto, Iruka had taken advice from his fellow doctor who was specialized in breastfeeding. They both had agreed that any form of hormone therapy would take long to be effective and it wouldn't be able to help Naruto who was simply suffering from stress caused temporary breast milk dry up. Iruka had explained Naruto's situation, and again, they had both agreed to use the smallest amount of a harmless painkiller on Naruto. That way, they hoped to help him to repress the stress. Thinking that he had gotten medication would probably cure his problem, which was only psychological.

"Thank you sensei," Naruto rolled down his sleeve.

"I want you to drink lots of water, okay?" Iruka asked as he sat down beside Naruto.

"I'll," Naruto nodded quickly.

"I'll give you a few vitamins," Iruka kept on. "And even if you don't have milk at the moment, I still want you to nurse Koichi. This is a natural process. Your body needs to know that the milk is needed, so it's going to start producing it. No caffeine, okay?"

"Okay, sensei," Naruto smiled at the doctor who was always ready to help him. "Thank you so much."

"It's nothing Naruto," Iruka smiled back and then gasped. "Fenugreek!"

Naruto blinked. "What's fenugreek?"

"It's a herb," Iruka explained. "It helps lactation greatly, it's been used since forever. Other patients has confirmed that the herb has taken effect just in a day."

Naruto gasped happily. "Where can I find it?"

"They sell the pills in every pharmacy," Iruka replied with a smile.

"I'll get it immediately," Naruto said as he stood up. "But first, I should see Kakashi-sensei."

Iruka nodded. "He's already prepared Koichi's room."

Naruto nodded sadly.

"Don't be upset," Iruka hugged Naruto. "Koichi's going to get well, I can feel it."

"Thank you," Naruto nodded, picking up Koichi's sleeping form, he smiled at the doctor. "I'll see you later."

"See you," Iruka waved after them.

Naruto went to Kakashi's room directly, and found the lazy doctor reading a book, his legs resting over his desk.

"Hello sensei," Naruto greeted the doctor.

"Hello," Kakashi straightened. "I wasn't expecting you today."

"Circumstances," Naruto shrugged.

"Right," Kakashi stood up. "Let's take him to his room."

Naruto nodded and followed after Kakashi to the room that was chosen for Koichi. It was simple looking. There was a bed, a small sofa and a bathroom.

Naruto laid his baby on the bed gently. His eyes were red but he refused to cry. He had promised himself. He was going to be strong for his baby.

"Sensei, he's hungry," Naruto said softly. "He hasn't been eating anything solid for some time now."

Kakashi gave a nod. "I'm going to give him a serum. It'll be easier for him."

"Okay," Naruto whispered. "I have to go home and bring his clothes and maybe a few toys."

"Alright," Kakashi nodded. "You go. I'll be here, I need to examine him and run a few tests."