CHAPTER THREE

Everyone's eyes turn to look at me. Some confused looks, from which I assume, come from the fact some people didn't know I was here. But mostly death glares from girls who'd hoped to be paired up with Zachery.

Lucky me.

I put my head down, and keep my eyes trained on the desk in front of me.

It wasn't until the chair next to me was pulled out, did I look up and see Zachery right next to me.

I see the flirtyness leave his eyes for a second, looking as if he didn't want to be my partner.

You and me both buddy.

He almost looked disgusted by me. Like of all people why did I have to be his partner?!

Once again, glad we're on the same page.

But before I could make some sarcastic remark about how I wasn't what he expected, he extended his arm, with the smirk back on his face.

"Hey. Sorry about that I didn't see you back here. I'm Zac, but I'm sure you know that." He says with confidence in his tone.

I bring my hand out to meet his, lightly grab it, shook once, and then dropped it.

This may be a required class, but I didn't see anything on actually interacting with other people as a requirement.

Zacher- Zac, I mean- looks confused for a moment, like he's never been turned down before. Hah, well this will be an experience for him.

It's so weird to think that every day while I'm being ignored, and am pretty much invisible to everyone except my friends, all eyes and attention is always on him. Like everyone knows who he is, and literally no one knows who I am.

Wow, we're superboy and invisible girl. Legitimately

Ironic isn't it?

"Well, nice to meet you too Cassie." He says, while turning away, giving up on talking to me.

"Casey," I correct him. "My name is Casey."

Zac turns to me and a smile slowly spreads across his face.

"Well look it this, it talks!!"

I didn't realize most of the class was still looking at us, until I hear a small chorus of laughter. I look up and see a group of girls still looking at Zac dreamingly, and another group of popular boys looking at our table.

I squirm slightly under the unexpected attention. For someone like me who has participated in multiple plays and musicals, it's so weird that I'm still not used to attention.

Zac's little joke was enough to shut me up; or at least until Mr. Smith was done assigning partners.

Really? Who does this guy think he is? He literally just met me and he's already so rude. What an asshole.

Mr. Smith starts going around handing out papers with the assignment on it, with directions and requirements.

When he gets to our table with our papers, Zac, not so subtlety, says, " Hey, Mr. S, do you think it's possible for me to switch partners? Cassie and I aren't really friends."

"Casey," I correct him again.

Oh wow, okay, this dudes a douchebag. Once he realizes I don't want anything to do with him, he just bales out.

"Well then this is the perfect opportunity to fix that," Mr. Smith says with a smile.

Zac motions with his hands for Mr. Smith to come closer and lowers his voice, "I'm sure you and my father could work something out."