CHAPTER FOUR

The rest of that physics class went by with me making a list of materials we need for our project, and Zac just flirting with the girl next to us.

                                         He didn't attempt to talk to me again, and for that I'm grateful.            

The rest of the school day went by slowly, and boringly.

Nothing important happened.

I am now currently sitting in the auditorium with Andy and Lola and some other kids, waiting for this meeting to begin.

Except this time, we're waiting for the rest of the kids to show up, rather than the teacher.

Take notes Mr. Smith.

"And then we can have this huge chandelier, hanging from the ceiling and connected to the stage, and it would look so realistic to the show. C'mon, how awesome would it be if we could recreate that scene from Phantom of the Opera?!"

"Awesome indeed, but chances of that happening are slim to none." Mrs. Cohen says in response to Andy, with a faint smile on her face.

"But it would be so cool. You cannot doubt that it would be amaze balls." Lola says taking Andy's side.

The last groups of students walk into the auditorium.

Mrs. Cohen turns to the last to student arrive, "Janet, why are you late again?"

"I had to do stuff," she says shrugging Mrs. Cohen's complaints off her shoulder.

Janet is an all-time Goth girl. Make-up, clothes, attitude, everything. The only reason she's in drama club is because of her mother.

"Well, you're lack of effort to show up on time seems to tell me you don't care about this club." Mrs. Cohen says in a slightly offended voice.

"Because I don't" Janet says back in a 'duh' tone.

Lola and Andy visibly flinch at that comeback. They don't really like her; they think she "has no appreciation to the arts" as they call it. Lola sees her as an extra stage crew person, who does nothing but help. Andy thinks she's just a waste of space, and they should kick her out. I, however, don't see anything wrong with Janet. She's a decent artist, she can paint and build props, and she does what I tell her to do. What should I have against her?

But it wouldn't hurt to show up on time.

Mrs. Cohen brushes Janet's attitude off her shoulder, "You know what? We don't have time for this, we're already behind schedule. Let's begin."

Everyone turns they're attention to Mrs. Cohen waiting to see what she has to say next.

"Alright, so before we begin, we have some things to discuss-"

"Like the musical we're doing," Andy interrupts Mrs. Cohen, with an over dramatic smile on his face, willing her to give up the name.

She shoots him a look, but doesn't respond to his comment. "Like how we're going to afford it." She finishes.

Lola and I giggle at Andy's clear frustration at the fact we're not finding out what musical we are performing today. I can't help but feel a little disappointed, myself.

"I have big ideas for this year," she says looking at us with excitement, "but we need the budget to make it happen."

"Any suggestions?"

We all look at each other with a questioning look, to see if anyone has any ideas.

"We could just pick pocket people," Jules suggests.