Chapter 3

I sing my way through choir, just trying not to punch my choir teacher in the face. She's crazy... Anywho, I keep wanting to check my phone, but if Mrs Thorne catches me with my phone out, good bye texting for the next week.... 

Finally the bell rings, and I check for messages almost instantly. I've got 4 new messages: 3 from Cole, and 1 from Will. 

I read the ones from Cole first. 

Cole: who are Haley and Taylor? 

Cole: am I bothering you? Is that why you're not texting back? 

Cole: lol never mind. Forgot you're in school. My bad. 

I giggle as I read the texts.. He's so cute! I type my reply. 

Brianna: yeah. Lol. Wish I wasn't though... I was in choir. No texting. Crazy teacher. Haley and Taylor are my best friends. 

Next, I read my message from Will. 

Will: hey! This is will! 

Brianna: hi! This is Brianna! :P 

Taylor is waiting for me by the door, so I put my phone in my pocket and walk over to her. 

"Sorry. Cole and will texted me." I say. "Am I dreaming this? Cole Pendery and Will Behlendorf are texting me?" I ask Taylor. 

Taylor reaches over and hits my arm. 

"What the hell?" I ask, rubbing where she just hit. 

"You asked if you were dreaming... You're not." She smiles at me, shrugging. 

I roll my eyes at her. "You're dumb. But really... I can't believe this is happening." 

"Neither can I. You'd better tell Dana good things about me." She says, turning to me. "I'm not even kidding." 

I give her my best "duh" face. "No, I'm going to tell him you're a terrible person and he should never date you. Of course im going to tell him good things about you!" 

"Well..." Taylor says defensively as we walk into math. 

I'm about to respond, but my phone vibrates. I grab it and reply to the text. 

Will: haha I know that! I just wanted to make sure you had my number. 

Brianna: yeah, I have it. I just wasn't sure I had it with the right name. I've done good so far... Got you and Cole right! :P 

As the bell rings and Mr Brahm walks in, I turn off the vibrate. As I'm about to zip it in my pencil pouch, my phone lights up with a text. It's from cole. 

Cole: well, she might be crazy, but he obviously made you amazing. And cool! Do they like IM5? 

Brianna: aww, thanks. :P and OMG YES. Taylor found out about you guys from Haley, and made me listen to you. Therefore, they're the reason i love you. 

As I press send, I realize I sound like a creepy fangirl. 

Brianna: you as in the band... Like I love your music. 

I almost have my phone put away, but at that exact moment, Mr Brahm sees it. Luckily, he doesn't give it to the office. He just puts it on his desk for the rest of the hour. 

"Well, well, well, Brianna. Who you texting? Your boyfriend?" He asks jokingly as he holds out his hand for it. 

"I wish..." I say after I hand it to him and he starts to walk away. 

"What?" He asks, looking back at me confused. 

"What?" I reply, pretending to have said nothing. "Those dang birds are out again..."