Chapter 13

"So, how'd you like vocals?" Dalton asks, smirking over at me.
"Ughhhh." I groan. "I hate it. Please tell me rehearsals aren't ALL going to be like this?"
He chuckles at the whining tone in my voice as he pulls onto the road. The mall isn't far away, only about 10 minutes by car. "Nah, the first couple will be though. They have to see how to work with your voice."
"Ah. I hope I do well." I say, suddenly realizing how big of a deal it is that I'm going with them.
"You'll do great. I know I didn't pick you at first, but I'm so sorry. You're really talented, and I'm glad that the other guys did." He smiles, shooting me a grin.
I smile back. We spend the rest of the ride talking and laughing. When we get to the mall, we meet up with Taylor, Dana, gabe, and Alex in the food court. After talking about where to go, we decide to split up. Dalton and I go to hot topic. There was a certain doctor who shirt I wanted to get. We just hang out around the mall for a little while, meeting up with the others around 8, then head back to Caroline's.
"Hey, we should all go to gabes and go swimming!" Dalton says suddenly.
"Good idea!" Gabe grins. "I can call will and cole to see if they want to come over too."
"Awesome! I'm going to go grab my swim suit. Lets go!" I say, grabbing Taylor's arm and leading her to the room where our bags were.
We both grab our swim suits and change into them, throwing shorts and tank tops over the top.
We go back to the driveway and see Dana and dalton waiting by Dalton's car.
"Where did Alex and gabe go?" Taylor asks.
"Gabe brought Alex home so she could get her swim suit. They're meeting us back at his house. Now lets go!" Dalton says, grabbing my hand and pulling me over to the passenger side door. "I feel like swimming!"
"Yay for night swimming!" I giggle.
"Right. It's getting dark soon, isn't it?" He says, as if he wouldn't have realized it. "Well still." He gets out onto the road, and he drives us to gabes house.
Dana and dalton go to gabes room and grab swim trunks to borrow. Taylor and I just awkwardly sit in the living room, because we'd never been there before. Gabe and Alex weren't back yet.
Suddenly, Taylor nudges my side. "So I see you're changing from a cole girl to a dalton girl." She says quietly, wiggling her eyebrows at me.
"WHAT?" I ask loudly, looking at her in surprise. "I am not!"
She looks at me for a second. "Well, if you're not a dalton girl, he's a Brianna guy. I've seen the way he's been looking at you." She shrugs, and she drops the subject as quickly as she brought it up.
"HOLY SHIT." Gabes says loudly as he suddenly as he walks in and sees us. "I wasn't expecting you guys in here. Where are dalton and Dana?"
"Getting swim trunks from your room." I say, laughing at him. I love when I surprise people.
"Oh. Well I'm going to change. You guys can go out back by the pool. Alex is there already. Just go through there." He says, pointing at a door.
"Sounds good!" Taylor's says, and we go out back. We take off the the clothes we have over out swimsuits and go over by Alex. She's just standing by the edge of the pool.
"Hey!" She grins at us as we walk to her.
"Yo!" I say. "What's up?"
"Eh, same old, same old. I can only stay for another hour or two. I'm recording tomorrow." She says, shrugging.
"Right! You actually have a recording contract, don't you? I forgot you didn't just do covers." I mutter. "Oh, and someone said something about us doing a cover together? I'm up for that!"
She grins at me. "Fantastic! We can talk about it soon!"
As we were talking about the cover, the guys walk out. Gabe walks over to Alex, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his head on her shoulder.
"So what are you lovely ladies talking about?" Dana asks, slinging his arm over over Taylor's shoulders.
"Well." She says, looking at him. "Those two are discussing doing a cover together. I'm just sitting here."
"You could be sitting in the pool...." Dana mutters.
"What?" Taylor asks, looking at him with a confused expression.
Instead of replying, Dana pushes her into the pool.
"OH MY GOD!" She screams as she comes back up to the surface. "YOURE LUCKY I CAN SWIM, DANA VAUGHNS!" She sputters, swimming to the edge and grabbing his ankle. "Now get your ass in the pool." She says, pulling at his leg. He chuckles and walks away, getting away from her hand easily.
"Oh, stop being babies. GET IN THE POOL!" I yell at everyone else, grabbing Dalton's arm and jumping into the pool before he can get away. We both swim back to the surface. He glares at me playfully, splashing water at me.
I squeal, splashing back at him. A war breaks out, and soon everyone is in the pool and splashing each other. Out of no where, I feel a hand on my ankle, under water. I scream, and Dalton's face come out of the water right in front of me. He wipes the water out of his eyes and smiles at me. He swims closer, causing me to move back agains the side of the pool. His eyes dart between my eyes and my lips. I can feel my eyes widening. He grins, and starts to lean his head towards mine.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: cliff hanger! And I can tell y'all are going to kill me. And I'm sorry. Sorry for the long waits. I have pretty bad writers block. I'm working on it though! Hope you enjoy!(:
- xoxo, Haley Marie.<3