Chapter 1

Jessie got home to her apartment with her hands full of groceries. She almost dropped one of her bags trying to find the key to the door. She got in and closed the door with her leg. She lifted the bags up and sat them down on the kitchen table. One of the bags fell over, and an apple fell out and rolled towards the end of the table, but before it hit the ground Jessie grabbed it with her hand.

Being the little sister of Tony Stark had its advantages. In her younger years he trained her to become an agent, but because of her past, she gave up that life, before all the Avengers came around. Now they all lived in the same compound, but Jessie didn't want anything to do with them, because they reminded her of a very dark time in her life, she was trying to forget all about.

Now all the training was useful for falling objects or if someone grabbed her ass in a nightclub. But she didn't want to use her combat skills to anything else.

She made some cup noodles and sat down on her couch in her small one-bedroom apartment. She turned on the TV, but all the news were about the Avengers, so she quickly changed the channel to some boring movie.

She hadn't had any contact with her brother, Tony, for many years. She cut him out of her life after what happened, because she didn't want to be reminded of that horrible experience every time she saw an Avenger. That was too much for her.

She put a bunch of noodles in her mouth, but got interrupted by a knock on her door.

Weird. She wasn't expecting anyone. She didn't have many friends and she hadn't ordered take-away.

She swallowed the noodles in her mouth and got up and walked towards the door and opened it.

Outside of her apartment she saw two very tall muscular men in black suits. She looked confused at them for at moment. Her gaze spotted the Avenger logo on their suits, so she quickly shut the door in their face, but it got stopped by one of their feet that got in the way.

They slowly opened the door again.

"You have to come with us, Ms. Stark" One of the men said with a deep cold voice.

"No way in hell am I gonna come with you! If Tony wants to see me, he can come here himself, because I know he doesn't give a shi-"

Jessie got interrupted by the two men stepped aside and Tony walking in between them.

"Tony?" Jessie said surprised.

"Hi baby sister. Long time no see" Tony said and walked passed her into the apartment.

"Well, come on in" Jessie said sarcastically.

Jessie closed the door while the two men waited on the outside.

"I want you to come to the compound with me" Tony said looking around in her apartment.

"Yeah, I got that from the two gorillas outside. You already know my answer to that" Jessie said crossing her arms.

"I know, I know. I didn't come here if it wasn't necessary" Tony said with concern in his eyes.

"How did you even find me?" Jessie asked avoiding the subject.

"You do know who I am, right?" Tony said pointing at himself.

"Yes, sadly" Jessie said with a smirk.

"Jessie. There's something going on with the group, Glava" Tony said with a low voice.

Jessie froze.

This was the group of people who had kidnapped her a couple of years ago. They were a subgroup to the many headed organization Hydra - Glava meaning head in russian. They held her captured in two months and tortured her every day, until Tony and some of the other Avengers rescured her.

She never found out what they wanted with her, besides seeing her suffer.

She still had nightmares about those months, and this was the exact reason why she didn't want anything to do with the Avengers. Every time she as much as saw them on the TV, it brought back her memories of that horrible place.

They didn't manage to shut them down, so throughout the years Tony had been keeping an eye on anything new from them. They often moved their base, so before Tony could learn more information about them, they relocated.

"Are you okay, Jessie? I know we never talked about what happened, and if you don't want-"

"No. I don't" Jessie cut him off.

"I just want you at the compound until I know you're safe" Tony said with worry in his voice.

He continued, "If they got to you again, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself"

"And you did that the first time?" Jessie asked angrily.

"Uhm.. Well.. No.." Tony said with sadness in his eyes.

Jessie closed her eyes, instantly regretting the words leaving her mouth.

"I'm sorry, Tony. You didn't deserve that. I'll come with you to the compound. But only until it's safe for me to return to my apartment" Jessie told Tony to make him happy again.

"Thanks, baby sister" Tony said, while his mood lightened up.

".. And stop calling me baby sister. I'm 28 for Gods sake!"

They both chuckled.