Chapter 5

The crew arrived home a couple of hours later. Bucky had cleaned the kitchen after the breakfast.

"Hi Bucky. Where's Jessie?" Steve asked Bucky, meeting him in the kitchen.

"Uhm.. In her room.. I think" Bucky said and quickly continued tidying up the house.

Steve went to Jessies room and knocked on the door.

"Go away!" Jessie yelled behind the door.

Steve opened the door and quickly grabbed the book, Jessie had thrown right at him.

"Wow! What's going on?" Steve asked concerned.

When Jessie saw it was Steve, she jumped up from the bed and ran into his arms. He hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry, Steve. I thought you were someone else"

"Who?.. Bucky?" Steve asked.

He continued, "What did he do now?"

Jessie sighed, "He told me he was responsible for my parents dying.. And apparently Tony knew"

Tears ran down Jessies cheeks.

"I'll be right back" Steve said leaving Jessie in her room.

Steve walked back out into the kitchen, where the rest of the crew still were.

"What did you tell her, Buck?" Steve said raising his voice.

Bucky looked over at Tony, who looked confused at Steve.

"I just told her the truth" Bucky said.

"The truth about..?" Tony asked joining the conversation.

"Your parents" Steve added.

Tony looked at Bucky with anger in his eyes.

"Why the hell would you tell her about that?!" Tony yelled at Bucky.

"Language!" Steve yelled at Tony.

The other Avengers in the room took a step back from the three men.

"I'm sorry, Tony. I thought she knew!" Bucky said taking a step back seeing Tony getting closer to him with anger in his eyes.

"Yeah, you're gonna be really sorry, when I'm done with you!" Tony said approaching him further.

Tony was about to throw a punch at Bucky, when a voice from behind them yelled.

"Tony, stop!"

It was Jessie standing in the kitchen with them. They all looked at her.

"It wasn't supposed to be him telling you that, Jessie" Tony said with concern in his eyes.

Tony was walking towards her forgetting all about Bucky, who was standing up against a wall with his heart beating fast prepared for a fight.

"But you!" Jessie turned to Tony, "You knew this the whole time and didn't tell me shit!"

"I was gonna tell you, Jessie. But we went on that mission, and I didn't think you wanted to be alone with him if you knew"

"Damn right, I wouldn't!" Jessie yelled looking at Bucky, who had sadness in his eyes.

"Jessie.." Steve interrupted the discussion.

She looked at Steve, her expression softened.

"He didn't know what he was doing back then. He was under the control of Hydra as the winter soldier" Steve said.

Jessie sighed.

"You're right" Jessie said walking over to Steve.

He walked with her into her room. Somehow he always knew what to say to calm her down.