Chapter 8

Later that night Steve had helped Jessie get ready for the party.

"Can you help me put on the gold dress?" Jessie asked.

Steve bit his lips, "Of course"

He put it over her head and zipped it on the back, trailing his fingers down her arms as the dress was on. He kissed her neck.

"I would much rather take it off of you" he said with a smirk.

"You can do that tonight" She winked at him.

Steve pursed his lips and smiled. They walked out to the living room.

Everyone, who wasn't still on a mission, was at the party. They had a few drinking games to get the party started. After a few hours Jessie was already a bit drunk, and suddenly she saw Bucky finishing his drink and leave the room.

She followed him.

He walked up to his door, but didn't open it, since he could sense a person behind him. He turned around and saw Jessie with a big happy face looking straight at him.

"You're drunk" Bucky observed.

"You're.. Not?" Jessie said with her eyebrow raised.

"I can't.. Super Soldier and all" Bucky said.

"Oh" Jessie realised.

There were a few seconds of awkward silence between them, while they were staring at each other.

"Why won't you talk to me?" Jessie suddenly asked.

Bucky sighed, didn't know how to answer.

"I'm just.. I can't" Bucky said turning around to open his door, but Jessie stopped him.

"Talk to me, Bucky"

"Not out here" Bucky said still with his back turned to Jessie but with his forehead leaning on the door.

"You know we can't be alone" Jessie said looking around in the hall for the others.

"I promise I won't touch you.. Unless you want me to"

The words made Jessie feel the warmth in her body radiating from her core. She did want him to touch her. She missed it.

"Okay, we'll go inside. But no seducing" She said with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

He opened the door and let Jessie walk through first. He walked in after her and closed the door. Jessie leaned up against the wall next to the door.

"I won't stop you from getting out this time. If you want to leave, just leave. I learned my lesson" Bucky said.

"I'll stay" Jessie said. She was maybe a bit too drunk to make a good decision right now.

Bucky turned around, facing her, and his eyes darkened. He walked over to her.

"You sure?" he said with a smirk looking at her lips.

Jessie swallowed her spit and nodded slowly.

"And you still don't want me to touch you?" he asked.

"You know I can't do that to Steve" she said with concern - and regret - in her eyes.

"Jessie, I love Steve like my own brother. You know that. But I can't let you slip through my fingers. I can't stop thinking about you. Thinking about touching you" He sad looking up and down her body biting his lip.

"Bucky" She whispered.

"Yes?" He whispered getting closer to her neck.

"Uhm.."