Chapter 3

Early morning and Jessie woke up. She stood up from her bed, put on her tight yoga pants and a sports bra and went to the kitchen. She made a smoothie with some fruits from the fridge and took the bottle with her to the gym, which Tony had showed her was in the basement.

Even tough it was early, she could hear she wasn't alone.

Once she went down the stairs, Steve was standing in the one of the corners with a punching bag.
He was wearing grey sweatpants and a white tank top with white tape across his knuckles and wrists.
It looked like he had been punching for a while, because his skin was glistening with sweat and his breathing was fast. He let out grunts when hitting the bag.

Jessie silently walked up to the treadmill a couple of feet from Steve. When she turned on the treadmill, Steve looked up at her.

"Hi" He quickley waved with a smile and stopped punching.

"Good morning" Jessie smiled back.

"Did you have a good night sleep?" Steve asked friendly.

"Yeah, it was fine" Jessie said walking in a steady pace on the treadmill.

"I'm sorry about Bucky. Is he treating you good?" Steve asked after a couple of minutes.

"What? Oh, I guess" Jessie said confused.

She wanted to know more, "What do you mean, you're sorry?"

Steve stopped punching again, "About what he did and all. I told Tony I could keep you safe instead, but since Bucky knew about Hydra, he said it should be him, even though.. You know"

What he did? He hadn't done anything to her? What did he mean?

She let it go. It was probably a misunderstanding.

After a couple of more punches, Steve began to pack up his things, but before leaving the gym he walked over to Jessie, still on the treadmill.

"Do you maybe want to watch a movie sometime?" Steve said with a cautious smile.

"Uhm, sure" Jessie said.

She didn't want to spend time with anyone at the compound, but she had to keep herself busy somehow, and watching a movie in silence on a couch with popcorn with Captain America could probably be on that list.

"Perfect! I'll pick you up at 8 tonight" Steve said and walked up the stairs.

Pick her up? To go to the couch? That's probably a little too much.

˜

At 7.30 Jessie had been eating dinner with Nat and Clint in the kitchen. She told them both she was watching a movie with Steve later on, and that they could join if they wanted to. They both chuckled and said they had other plans.

She went to her room to pick out an outfit other than her sweatpants and shirt she had been wearing for a couple of days.

She picked out some jeans and a T-shirt with some kind of band on the front. At 8 o'clock there was a knock on her door.

Jessie opened the door and Steve stood before her in buttoned up shirt and a pair of nice jeans.

"Are you ready to go?" Steve asked holding out his hand for her to take.

"Go..? Where?" Jessie asked confused.

"To the movies of course"

"Oh! I thought it was just a movie on the couch in the living room" Jessie said blushing.

Why couldn't she think straight when he was around?

She quickly continued, "Just kidding, I just need to grab my shoes"