The Food Problem...

...........................MEANWHILE.....................

                  The trio had finally made it to the 1st pack's territory. They found a cave and were resting since it was nighttime.
Soren was in his beast form at Commander class since his full beast form was too large for the cave. He was currently keeping the female warm alongside Leona at the back of the cave. Simon was out hunting for food.

"..... Soren,"

He tilted his head and looked at Leona with have opened eyes.
She too tilted her head and stared at him.

"Why did you say those things to Simon? We both know that Master wouldn't think that..."

Soren sighed.

"You know, Master can communicate with us through the link right?"

She nodded.

"Of course! It's the reason she's able to give us commands when we're not in the Palace. What does that have to do with this though?"

He took a deep breath.

"To be honest, Master told me to take this time to train the both of you since you're something she calls 'Head Generals'. She said that these people have the most combat experience and among us, I'm the only one with such qualities so she ordered me to make you both stronger by all means."

Leona nodded in understanding. She now knew why he acted that way. But...

"Say Soren, I thought you said a long time ago that you'd stop using your brain and make others think you're a fool... What was that today?"

Soren was quiet. She narrowed her gaze at him.

"Could it be.... Revenge?"

He flinched. She blinked and opened her mouth wide.

"Yes it is...."

Her eyes were bulging as she wanted to scream.

'I was only guessing! Am I lucky or what?!'

"..... For what?"

Her voice was shaky.
She just made a random guess and she couldn't believe she was right.

"He replaced me. I was always by her side until he came two weeks later and replaced me.... Then Master kept me in a position which was far from her so, of course I want revenge... That's why I acted like my old self..."

His tone was detached as he stared into emptiness. She looked at him and felt his pain. That's when the female laying by him shifted.
They instantly quietened and looked at her. Her eyes slowly opened, revealing a pair of pitch black eyes.
           She looked at Soren and began to size him up when he spoke.

"If you try anything female, I will kill you..."

She flinched then gulped as she felt the murderous intent.

"Can't you even treat other females nicely?"

Leona sighed. The female turned and saw Leona and blinked.

'Was she always here?'

Leona smiled and looked at the female.

"Before, you said you wanted to see our leader..."

Leona's voice was light and refreshing when suddenly she stared down the female.

"What is the reason?"

The female gulped.

'This one's even scarier!'

"Leona, that isn't what you should be asking."