Chapter 2 : Postcard

"I hope your day is good today as well ^.^
I'm a bit sleepy this morning so I don't know what this day will bring. I'm just hoping to get through the day without having to stand in the corridor. Because I be dozing off half the class
\°o°/
I know, I don't need to think about how seonbae will get through his day. I bet it's filled with confessions, praises and glamour. I'm a bit jealous, it must be fun...
Everyday is filled with some event .◕◕."

- Your Dear Hubae~

"Your dear Hubae?" Jimin read the sender's name aloud and giggled. I blinked and turned to him.
"I have heard of 'your secret admirer' or 'your lover' but what is this new thing?" He laughed and I snatched what looked like a postcard from his hands.
"At least she is creative" He complimented as I scanned the postcard.
"Where did you find this?" I asked turning back to Jimin. He blinked looking rather surprised.
"In you letter stash?" He replied pointing at my table. I frowned as I looked back at the letters. My locker gets very messy from getting so many letters. So once in a week I sort them out.
The Student Council door clicked open and the Vice President, Jina entered. Her head dipped down a little in a bow before she went to keep her bag.
"Sorting out love letters again?" Jina asked me and I nodded.
"I don't get it, why do you even waste your time reading those when you know you are going to throw them all away?" She said and Jungkook laughed.
"He doesn't say it but he likes the attention" he said playing on his ps5 he has connected to the tv in the Student Council room.
"That's not the reason" I replied as I casually skimmed through the contents of one of the letters and then tossing it away.
"Then what is it?" Jungkook asked, his eyes glued to the screen.
"It's true I can just throw them all away but....they take alot of time to write these, they write something then throw it away thinking it's not good enough. After alot of over thinking they decide on that one paper that actually makes it to the envelope and then to me. The least I can do is read them. I know some of them are hollow and vague. But what if there is a geniune one among them" I replied continuing to sort them out. They all fell silent for a moment and
I could feel their gaze on me.

"You don't seem like it, but you are kind, President" Jina said while I just gave a nonchalant nod.
"And what about that ' dear hubae' of yours?" Jimin suddenly joined our conversation.
"Dear hubae?" Jungkook and Jina asked in unison. I continued to go through the pile of letters.
"Yep! There was one signed as 'Your Dear Hubae~'. Like...pfft" Jimin said still finding it funny, breaking into fits of laughter.
"Which one is that!? I wanna read too!" Jungkook said coming towards my table. He then started rummaging through the letters I had separated.
"Don't mix them up, I will throw some of them out" I said shooing his hand away.
"Also that one is not here" I collected all the letters I had sorted out, tossing them in the dustbin.
"You threw it?!" Jimin asked, devastated.

I just ignored him and took out the documents.
"Come on, back to work" I announced as everyone groaned and started walking to their respective places. I exhaled, as my fingers reached for the postcard I had hidden under a book. I stared at it intently before dropping it into a drawer. The thoughts of unimportant things fading away, I got back to work.