Chapter 12

Chapter 12. Don't be afraid of amnesia, I will help you retrieve your memory!

    The cold air outside the city dropped suddenly, and there was a smell of mud in the air.

    Not far from the city, there is a pasture full of flowers. Many herdsmen settled there for generations before they were replaced by robots.

    But now the emerald green grass all over the slope is gone, only black radioactive sludge remains, and no life within a hundred miles is willing to stop.

    Here is the place called hometown in Gu Baisheng's background information.

    Xia Yufei took Xiaozhi to get off from the bus station three kilometers away and came on foot. Looking at the desolate scenery in front of her, she couldn't help but feel emotional.

    Since she was a child, she only felt that aliens were scary, because both graphic novels and movies portrayed them as demons who invaded the earth and slaughtered creatures, but now it is not human beings who are really bringing all living things to the brink of extinction?

    After entering the new machine age, it just exposed this side even more extreme.

    But if I want to sigh, if Gu Baisheng hides her identity and has plans that are not good for the earth, then she still has to ask clearly. After all, she is also a human being, and she is on the side of human interests no matter what.

    From a distance, she saw a woman in a fluttering white dress standing on a high slope looking into the distance.

    The sunlight cast on her golden hair looked like very expensive and shiny gold, and her milk-white complexion had no blood on it, but she had healthy and beautiful muscular curves, and her uneven figure was extremely rare.

    The goddess of charm in Western mythology is nothing more than that.

    At this time, in the eyes of the goddess, there is only the scene of warm spring and flowers blooming in the past, where people in coarse clothes herd cattle and sheep in groups, cultivate and harvest here, sing and dance.

    She had had a very happy time here too.

    However, the good times didn't last long, and the scene in front of her suddenly changed rapidly—the

    plants withered rapidly, their lives continued to wither, and people who became confused and numb in the face of the earth-shaking changes in the outside world also left here one by one.

    In the end, she was left alone, alone.

    Now everything is beyond recognition, and everything has become so strange.

    "Acting is my second life..."

    "If one day I am too old to walk, then I should return to the origin of everything..."

    Gu Baisheng looked at the black earth in confusion, but he didn't know where he came from. Where did it come from, and where should it go.

    In fact, after she woke up today, she couldn't remember who she was. She just felt like she was living forever with a mask that couldn't be taken off. She was powerless and didn't know how to change.

    She doesn't remember the brilliance she once experienced, nor the darkness and wastage she once experienced.

    So Gu Baisheng came here, this is the only lingering place in the memory, deeply embedded in the depths of the memory.

    However, the desolate reality was completely different from the beautiful scene in her memory, and she became even more confused, not knowing where to go.