Rachel, meet Markus and Hayden

Rachel

Saturday arrived. Kyler told me to dress casually to meet his grandfathers. So, I wore a pair of jeans, a long sleeve turtleneck, and snow boots. Kyler arrived to pick me up and spoke to my parents.

I pulled on my winter coat. We said goodbye to my parents before heading out.

The drive to Kyler's grandparents' house was about fifteen minutes. Once he pulled into the driveway, he parked the car. We exited the vehicle and walked to the front door.

Kyler knocked a couple of times, opened the door, and poked his head inside. "Anyone home?"

A man with gray hair and piercing blue eyes met us at the front door. "Come in. I'm not paying to heat the outside. Although your dad and uncle thought I was when they were younger."

Kyler chuckled and stepped aside. I entered the house as Kyler followed me and closed the door.

Another man with gray hair greeted us, took our coats from us, and hung them up. Then took his place next to the other guy.

"Rachel, meet my grandfathers, Markus and Hayden Harper," Kyler said.

Markus and Hayden extended their hands. I took each of their hands and shook them.

"It's lovely to meet you, Rachel," Markus said.

"Same here." I studied Markus's features.

"Is there something wrong?" Markus asked.

"You look like your dad."

Markus's brows lifted in surprise. "Wait. Kyler introduced you to my ma and dad?"

"We visited them to confirm their donation."

Markus glanced at Kyler with an arched brow. "Uh, huh."

"Why don't we sit in the living room? Does anyone want a beverage?" Hayden asked.

"Do you have hot cocoa?" Kyler asked.

"Of course. Where do you think you're at?"

Kyler chuckled and opened his mouth.

Hayden put up his hand to stop Kyler. "I already have the marshmallows ready."

Kyler closed his mouth and grinned.

Markus shook his head and waved to us to follow him. He walked into the living room and took a seat on the couch. Kyler and I sat down on the sofa opposite Markus. A few minutes later, Hayden returned with four mugs of hot cocoa and mini marshmallows. I took one, blew on it, and sipped it.

"So, how did you meet?" Markus asked us.

"We work together. Rachel is my personal assistant," Kyler said.

"And I was helping him field dates from a dating site," I said.

"Excuse me? Did you say you helped Kyler when tu his dates?" Hayden asked me.

I nodded in confirmation.

"Wait. What dating site?" Markus asked.

"Roman and Ryden signed me up for Romeo's dating site," Kyler said.

"You're kidding."

Kyler shook his head deliberately.

"Give me one moment." Markus pulled out his phone, pressed a contact, and placed it on speakerphone.

"Hello?" A husky voice asked.

"Matthew, were you aware your devil grandchildren tried to corrupt my grandson."