Nervous

Inspired By John Legend's Nervous

Jordan Pov

"Adrenaline runnin' through my veins"

Father's Day

It was Father's Day, Yn and I flew in to celebrate our dads for the weekend. While this weekend was about our dads I had to ask Yn's dad a super important question.

"Hey Mr. Yln; may I speak to you for a second in another room?" I asked Yn's dad.

I was so nervous. Today I was going to ask Yn's dad for her hand in marriage. She and I met at one of the basketball games during my first season with the Warriors. Her dad is actually the reason we met. I knew him from college. He was an alumni and played basketball for the University of Michigan. He still worked closely with the organization on the coaching staff well after graduating. My fellow coach, him, Yn's mom, and of course Yn came to watch me play in my first game as a Warrior. I still remember that day; specifically when we spoke and she looked me in my eyes how nervous I got.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback
"Jordan man you played hell of a game out there tonight. I'm proud of you boy." Mr. Yln said.

"You make Michigan look good on that court." Coach said patting my shoulder.

"Thank you sir that means a lot coming from you guys; I truly do appreciate it." I said smiling.

"Oh where are my manners; I brought along my wife and daughter. This is my wife Y/Mn and My daughter Yn; Yn's actually a huge Warriors fan so she's excited to be here today." Mr. Yln said pointing to the two beautiful women standing next to him.

"Hi Mrs. Yln; Hi Yn, It's nice to meet you both." I said first shaking his wife's hand.

When I moved to shake Yn's hand; She smiled at me, said "Hi," and that was all it took for me to fall madly in love with her

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well Jordan my man what's up son?" Mr. Yln asked me.

"You know Yn and I have been together for a little over 3 years now, and after much thinking I've decided that I am ready to settle down and make her my wife. These 3 years with her have been so amazing, the love, the memories, the adventures, and I would love spend forever with her so that I can spend forever creating more. I really do see my whole life with her. I want her to be wife, the mother of my kids, and so much more. This is why for the past 3 months I have been planning the proposal, so all that's left now is to get the yes from you." I expressed to him sincerely.

"My God, Jordan I've known you since you we're 18 years old; a young man I knew would go so far based off his charisma and love for basketball. When you were drafted I was so proud like you were my own child. Never did I ever think that one day I would I'd be having this conversation with you, so in other words it looks like we need to begin preparing for a wedding because my baby girl is getting married." He said with a big smile as he pulled me in for hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 24th, 2022

"When you walk through the door and you look in my eyes; Yeah, It feels, yeah, it feels like the very first time. I can fall for you forever, I'm certain 'Cause I still get nervous."