10

Last night, the five of us basically bullied Patches over getting stuck in the Christmas tree.  If Clay hadn't gone into his house sooner, she might've knocked the whole thing over, leaving a bigger mess then what's going on in my apartment currently.

Now, it is the morning, and the five of us are once again, putting our winter gear on, preparing to go outside.  Clay thought it would be a good idea to go sledding now, while we have the chance.  Last time we were planning on going out into the snow, it never snowed; we can't trust these weather reporters anymore.

"Have you seen my hat?" I heard Quackity yell out while running into the room with a blanket over his head. I almost bursted out into laughter at the sight of him attempting to cover his hair, but kept my cool and just pointed to where I last saw his beanie.

"Thanks Gog." Quackity responded while making his way to the table I pointed at. His eyes lit up once seeing his precious beanie, and he immediately took it into his hands before rushing out the door once again.

I stood staring as he left before resuming getting my clothes on. I was throwing a hoodie over my pajama top, along with two pairs of sweatpants on top of my pajama bottoms. After I was finished with that, I put a big coat on and a pair of gloves which were meant for the snow specifically. Once all of that was covered, I threw on a hat with a little fluff ball on the end onto my head.

I felt like I was sweating from standing in this heated house with all these layers. We better get going soon or else I'll melt right in Clay's guest bedroom.

I walk out of the room only to see the rest of the crew already by the door waiting for me. They all glance at me as I walk in, and I'm surprised to see Quackity all fully geared up when a few minutes ago he was still just in his pajamas.

"Here, get your boots on." Clay said while handing me my pair of boots. I thanked the taller before sitting down on Clay's couch to put the surprisingly difficult boots on. I had 2 pairs of fluffy socks on already, so this was a pain putting my already one size too small boots on, on top of the socks.

Once I finished, everyone sighed in relief before we began heading out the door into the cold winter air. We had already packed up our sleds into Sapnap's car, so all we had to do now was get ourselves into the vehicle.

—————

"Wooo!" I yelled at the top of my lungs while flying down the big hill on my bright blue sled. The hill was bigger then I expected, which I'm grateful for because I was scared Clay would bring us to some lame bump in the ground and say it was a hill.

"Oh my god, oh my godddd!" I yelled while going down the more steep part of the hill. I shut my eyes as I felt the snow start to blow in my face. I could feel the wind blowing the front parts of my hair around, seeing as the hat I'm wearing only covered the back area of my head, and that the hood I had over my head flew off the second my sled started moving.

The sled slowed down as I reached the bottom.  I opened my eyes and looked around, feeling satisfied in my sledding journey.  I then glanced behind me at where the rest of the group were, they were all going down the hill now as well, I was just a bit in front of them,

"Yeahhh!" I heard someone scream out loudly, not being able to distinguish the yell because of the distance. I laughed as I watched all four of them race to the bottom.

"You suck!" Sapnap ended up winning.

—————

"This time, I'm totally going to beat you-" I got interrupted by a literal snowball to the back of my head. I froze in place and slowly turned around to glare at the culprit. Sapnap. Of course, when is it not Sapnap?

"Oh, you're going to regret that." I said slowly and menacingly. I put my sled down on the ground while keeping my eyes locked on Sapnap. I was about to roll up a ball of snow in my hand, before I was suddenly ambushed from behind once again. I swiftly turned my head around only to see Quackity and Karl looking at me, smirking.

If you haven't caught on already, I take snowball fights very seriously.

"Ahhh!" I tackled Sapnap to the ground after he thought I was distracted by the others. Once Sapnap was down, I threw snow onto his face, to which he tackled me back and began throwing unmade snowballs at me instead.

I covered my face and ran away to the nearest tree, planning on preparing for the war that's about to go down. What I was not expecting, was to find Clay already behind the tree, with a stack of snowballs in the snow, waiting.

"Clay!" I whispered to the blond, crouching onto the ground with him to help roll snowballs together. The taller didn't respond and instead just smiled at me softly. We prepared a few more snowballs before I looked around the tree, spotting the other three making a fort, most likely with snowballs inside of it.

"They are making a fort." I whisper to Clay while grabbing another handful of snow to mold. Clay pauses for a second to think before looking around us. He spots something and points to it, gesturing for me to look.

"Lets go behind that rock, it'll give us cover and save us the time of making a fort; this tree barely hides the two of us." I nodded before grabbing as many snowballs in my arms as I could before rushing towards the rock, bending my knees as I go to make myself smaller and less noticeable. Clay followed behind me with the rest of the snowballs, also going unnoticed by our opposing team.

The two of us continued to make more snowballs and glance over at the others for a few more minutes before I suddenly thought of a great idea.

"I should go grab one of the sleds." Clay seemingly agrees with me because he nods quickly before pointing to the nearest one, which just happened to be his.

I run out into the open and grab the sled, but while I'm running back I get spotted, which leads for a snowball to hit me on the back, followed along by a few missed throws landing in front of me. I screech and rush back to Clay in a hurry before telling him to load the snowballs onto the sled for transport.

There are snowballs being fired at us while we hide behind the rock, throwing snowball after snowball into Clay's sled. Once they are all in, we start our attack.

We throw ball after ball at our other friends, hitting their fort and sometimes themselves. Their fort was breaking each time we hit it, making it more faulty by the second. Even though we were seemingly winning, we weren't getting enough hits. This is where the sled comes into place.

The two of us grab one side of the sled and push, moving it as fast as we can to a much closer, and smaller, rock. We were in a nearer distance to our opposing team, giving us a much clearer view point when firing our snowballs.

We caught them off guard by coming from a different angle, but they also quickly used that to their advantage as well. Because our protection was smaller, they too had a clearer shot. I was getting hit, as was Clay, and now we were close to defeat.

However, I was ready. I take the few snowballs out of the sled and into my hands before also picking the sled up. I then used the sled as a shield while running up to the others base. Once I was close and all up in their faces, I threw the snow at them, swift and clean, straight to their faces.

Me and Clay cheered once seeing their defeated, snow covered faces stare at us sadly.

This was a victory in my books.

1422 words