Chapter 21: Clues of the Prince

The morning was full of blizzard, coating The Burrow with white toppings. But the inside was warm, although not warm enough at the thought of the Hunger

Games that seemed as though it would begin any second. The Weasleys were gathered around in the living room except for Percy who knew what happened to him to make him want to live in the Ministry. Bill, Charlie, they were all there. Mostly came to see Harry, and of course, their own sister. Mrs Weasley, although failingly, tried to cheer everyone up, saying it's Christmas today and everyone should be ecstatic. Fred and George cracked some jokes, as usual. But even they had their limits. Harry tried to look pleased. But he didn't think he convinced everyone, what with his mind roaming around the world. He kept trying to make a starting point but always ended up thinking something else. Maybe he shouldn't have visited The Burrow. Maybe he should have left last night, along with Ron and Hermione if she could. He knew she would. She would know something he and Ron didn't. If only she was there ...

Everyone was devastated later that morning. How could they celebrate when they knew two people in the house were going to die? It would be like celebrating their deaths instead of mourning. Harry and Ginny told everyone they were OK - excluding the fact that Harry really was going to die which Ron didn't speak of. Eventually they had to keep things flow they way it did: Mr Weasley's gloomy mood; Mrs Weasley's puffy eyes and distinct sobs; Fred and George failing to cheer people up. Despite Harry's experience with the Dursleys, today might just be the worst Christmas he ever had. George asked Mrs Weasley if Harry could wear his new knitted-sweater to the arena as the Weasleys' last token and received a death glare from Mr Weasley when Mrs Weasley burst into fresh tears again.

"You should be mature enough to think how absurd that is!" said Mr Weasley.

"You know he's being serious, right?" Fred chimed in. Mr Weasley didn't say anything.

"Well Harry, I guess you can," George called out.

"Right, that'll make me a shining target," said Harry. Mrs Weasley never failed to please him by knitting him new sweaters every year. This year, it was scarlet with a golden lion at the torso.

For just one day, Harry tried to forget all about the occurence, locating Horcruxes, or the Hunger Games. He just wanted his last Christmas to be quite unforgettable. But with the gloom in the house, the chance was too low. In the end, he let it be that nothing special was going to start any time soon. Not until he realized that if he wanted people to be happy on that day, he should make them be. Why not? He thought to himself. It's Harry Potter's special day before his death. So when Ginny helped Mrs Weasley with the dishes, or Ron sitting back in a chair ripping out a present from Hermione, Harry started singing carols. So loud he didn't care if he broke at hitting the high notes. It worked. Soon the whole family joined in, with Fred and George bringing up the rear.

This went for quite a long time that Bill had to take a break to get water. At long last, Mr and Mrs Weasley sank into their armchairs and let the children play. To be frank, they actually did. George had snuck outside and bewitched some snowballs so they attacked nearly everyone in the house. Harry was making a good move dodging them until Ron and Ginny turned their backs on him and joined forces with the older Weasleys. So it was a two to one battle. Ginny was hit full in the face; she chased her twin brothers outside. Laughing, the others followed.

"Percy's so going to miss this moment," said Ron, rolling a snowball the size of a Quaffle and hurled it in Charlie's direction who set it on fire by accident.