Chapter 35: Truth be Told

It was pure rage Harry could feel it clawing its way into his brain. Rage that he was sure hadn't felt before. Unlike the previous ones, this time it was mixed with what he knew to be terror. Terror of finding it out, angry that it had been found out. And it was there, spreading out like fire all over his body. It was so intense that Harry collapsed on the floor, not even feeling the impact against the cold stone. He had his eyes shut, and his fingers clawed the cold hard floor. He then felt himself move. Though, he could not hear anything. Not even Hermione who was evidently screaming-

Masked figures appeared in the dark vision of Harry's closed eyelids. He felt his feet moving. At the same, he could not feel anything. Five Death Eaters cowered before him as he paced around the dark room. There was pain in him as well. He was bellowing, but he could not hear what or to who he was yelling. For all he knew, and to his satisfaction, the Death Eaters were petrified to their guts. None of them were willing to speak. And he didn't see any reason why any of them had to.

"How is this happening?" he seethed in his cold, high voice, his tone increasing as the blackness faded out of his vision. "One of you must know something that Lord Voldemort does not."

"My Lord, that's-" one of them started. But with a flick of his wand, he got quiet.

"Maybe it is the connection between you and that Potter, My Lord," Bellatrix suggested rather timidly, appearing out of the darkness. "He's in the Games, after all. Maybe he's suffering and that's why you-"

He gave her a long stare that shut her up and made her retrieve. Although a part of him was somewhat relieved to believe her assumption.

"I will search," he said in a tone that suggested that Bellatrix might had her point, slower this time as the relieving idea came into him. "And Hogwarts should be my final destination."

And in his view, he could see Harry Potter, fading in and out of his vision, as though he had something to do with this. The anger and fear rose again. Did he know something? He couldn't. It was impossible. After all, Voldemort was the greatest and most powerful wizard of all time. Not even a seventeen-year-old boy could outrun him, could he not?

"I shall kill that boy." he said more to himself than to the Death Eaters.

It was until then that Harry let out a scream he had been containing. He was still in the Hunger Games. He was still fighting. He was still in-

Hogwarts. That was where Voldemort was planning to go, wasn't it? Though, Harry was not at all sure how he would get there. A dumb question struck him: Which Hogwarts? And as though things had not got any worse, the ceiling of the now empty corridor shook. It was then that he realized this was not the corridor outside the Room of Requirement. Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson had obviously fled. And where were their allies?

Had he run away? How so? He was about to turn and find them all when a loud roar made him leap away. That was when he recognized the now empty corridor; it was leading to Dumbledore's old office. Sure enough, he could see the stone gargoyle far ahead, toppled over. Had he gone all the way up? If so, when and how? He definitely could not remember walking. Even if he did, surely Hermione would have gone with him as well?

He considered for a moment whether he should take a look at the Headmaster's office or go back down to find the others. But he was longing for an answer, any answer. He did not exactly know what. But he knew there had to be one. And he knew, after all, that Dumbledore's portrait was in there.

Decision made, Harry rushed off towards the toppled-down stone gargoyle before coming to a halt right in front of it; what was the password? Would it allow him to enter? Harry was busy pondering this over when the gargoyle spoke in a tone that described how irritated it was to see him standing there; "Just enter."