Chapter 15: The Worst Nightmare

I remembered reading about this event in the novel.

"A small scandal occurred during the midterms..." was how it was described.

Small scandal, my foot.

Students' screams echoed across the long corridors. I used my Appraisal Map to keep finding students and sending them out through the nearest exits.

Deus had returned with me when I went to pick up Mike from his Island, and he was a big help during the evacuation.

Not to mention, he had even ranked up during his time on the island.

But his ranking up was a bit painful for me. I rubbed my right shoulder. The day Deus evolved, a small falcon tattoo appeared there. It was more painful than the time the snake tattoo appeared on my arm.

Another thing I noticed was that no one noticed the tattoos on my body, unless they focused on them. I was glad that I didn't have to explain to anyone why I suddenly acting like a rebellious teenager, getting tattoos.

A falcon zipped past me in the air, bringing me back from my thoughts. It had dark brown feathers with lava red tips. As it flew through the corridors, its red tips glowed in the dark, like embers coming to life.

Arcadeus (Fire Falcon Form)

Title: The Formless Spirit

Rank: D

Stats:

Strength 3.2

Stamina 3.5

Agility 4.2

Perception 5

Magic Power 6

Intelligence 6

Skills:

Feather Dance(B): With this skill, Arcadeus can freely control his feathers and use them to attack.

Mana Compatibility:

Air: 95%

Fire: 90%

The feathers of a Fire Falcon are known to contain the essence of the wildest flames. Its Flame Feathers can be used in a wide range of potions and are sold for a high price.

"Just so you know, I am not letting you pluck my feathers." Deus shouted down at me, as he read his own Appraisal screen.

"I am sure we can negotiate a price, if it ever comes down to it. But for the time being, come down. Your falcon form is too noticeable here."

Following my instructions, Deus swooped down. As he flew down, his wings retracted into his torso and his tail grew long. His dark feathers turned back to golden scales and Deus turned back into his snake form, slithering on the ground.

"Let's go."

Deus continued to help students evacuate while I sent him directions from the Appraisal Map telepathically.

"Get lost!" A wave of mana swept over me. I could feel my mind getting scrambled. Thankfully my Perception Stat had increased significantly from training daily.

This kind of overpowered power could only belong to one person.

"Deus, go and help out Misa."

She had students with her, so I decided to attract the Faydes that were following her by acting as bait. Faydes had intangible bodies, that's why attacks coated with Earth mana were very effective against them.