Kabanata 29

Supernova***

Supernova
***

"It's you!" Pareho kaming nagulat ngunit siya ay nakangiti.

"H-huntleigh." Dahan-dahan akong lumapit sa kanya. "How long was it?" I asked as I gaze at her swelling stomach in bewilderment.

She caressed it and smiled. "Seven months."

Napamulagat ako. "It's so big!" I exclaimed and exploded in amazement. Hinawakan ko iyon and flinched when I felt some movement beneath my hands.

She chuckled at my reaction. "It should be big, they're twins."

Ang pagka mangha ko ay mas lalong nadagdagan.

"Oh my!"

She giggled once more. "I'm happy that you're here."

Tumango ako at tumingin sa dalawang bodyguard na tila magsusumbong sa kanya.

"I came to see him, but it seems like I will never get past these posts. Mabuti na lang at nandito ka."

Tumango siya. "Did you wait? It's really a strict protocol."

Ngumiti ako. "That's fine, this is for Gustave's safety na rin."

With Huntleigh, I was able to enter Gustave's hospital suite.

Pinagmasdan ko siya habang papasok kami. Huntleigh carried her pregnancy like a bud blooming into a vibrant flower. Something has changed in her that wasn't present before, like that aura of maturity and motherhood. It made her more beautiful.

"Was it his?" I asked tactlessly.

She pouted as if offended by my question. "Who else? Gustave will punch the guy if it wasn't him."

Upon mentioning her cousin, my eyes drifted to the lying form in the hospital bed. Nakasarado ang kulay beige na kurtina niyon kaya ang paanan banda ang nakikita ko.

I can also hear that faint pump of oxygen and the steady beeping of the machine.

Silence weighed the room and my chest ached as if it was struck by a sharp object. His body lay there peacefully with his face almost covered by the tubes and other medical equipment.

Halos hindi maigalaw ang mga paa na humakbang ako sa kanya. It's been so long.

"Hello, Kasper," I uttered and held the railing of his bed to maintain my balance.

"Are you okay, Elaine?" Nilapitan ako ni Hunt at inalalayan sa likod. I chuckled amidst my tears and shook my head.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me, I was just consumed by my emotions."

Umupo kami sa may living area ng suite while catching up. Kada tatlong minuto ay dumadako kay Gustave ang paningin ko, na para bang sa anumang sandali ay magmumulat siya ng mga mata habang hindi ko namamalayan.