Special Side quest#1: Low in Vacancy

(Before we start, this type of sub-chapter is much like an interlude, except it took the form of special side quests. While some took inspiration from the events from Lost Word, most are original.

Anyways, enjoy!)

As days went by, Akito and KK's team started taking errands. All because they want to earn some pocket money for their daily needs. It went smooth all the time of course, even though they met rough situatuon in some of them.

Today, they were asked to accompany Youmu for some grocery shopping. Although they bought a little too much due to snacks, they managed to get it done.

Youmu: "Thank you for helping me out, everyone"
Akito: "I just getting used to that before we came here."
Erika: "Say, what are those grocery for?"
Youmu: "It's for Lady yuyuko, I have to prepare lunch for the both of us. *sigh* i just hope she don't hogged all the snacks away"
KK: "Just confiscate the snacks if she did, it would be just fine"
Youmu: "Wouldn't it be rude? I mean, it looked certainly disrespectful too."
Akito: "My parents did that when I was young so maybe it would work too?"
Youmu: "Perhaps maybe i can have try or so. Hmm?"

While on the way back to Hakugyokurou, Youmu eventually bumped into someone who's searching something else. At a closer look, It's Sakuya, but why is she wandering around the village searching something? Being curious, the bunch decided to say hello.

Youmu: "Oh hi there, it's quite surprise to see you here!"
Sakuya: "Youmu? I guess you are running your master's errands again."
Ed: "Then why are you here too?"
Sakuya: "*sigh* unfortunately, I have a difficult one. Lady Remilia needs a new pet."
Erika: "Shall I give her a cat? Or she wants a cave for bats?"
Sakuya: "no, Erika. Remilia have exotic creatures as pets usually."
KK: "So what makes you so frustrated for that single task?"
Sakuya: "*sigh* well......"

(Flashback starts)
A few hours ago.....

Sakuya was summoned by Remilia for her request. It seems that she wanted a new pet. However, the next following part has left her......challenged.

Sakuya: "A new pet I see?"
Remilia: "Yep!"
Sakuya: "but Ojou-sama, you already had those hobgoblins working at the mansions"
Remilia: "Have I made it clear? A new PET. And I want a rare one, something.......much unique, the one that nobody ever had! Though i must say, they as a servant had did much better job than the fairies."
Sakuya: "Do you have anything in particular?"
Remilia: "Nope! But im sure you can rise up to challenge right? I know you can, after all. I'll be waiting!"

And Remilia left her to finish that assigned task, while Sakuya was in deep thoughts after a pretty much confusing situation.

Sakuya: "sigh, I do agree for the job, but how do I find such rare pet that no one had ever had?"

Also due to her might going out for a longer period of time, she needs one to take over her place. And she, found someone trustworthy to do so.

Sakuya: "Meiling, I will be away for a while so at the meantime, you will be taking over as the acting head maid ok?"
Meiling: "Huh? Wait......did Ojou-sama gave you time off?"
Sakuya: "No, she assigned me to find a new rare pet. At the meantime, I need you to look over those fairy maids to make sure they don't slack off. And that, same goes for you!"
Meiling: "ok....."
Sakuya: "Only if you swore to had me trust you."
Meiling: "I promise, i will do my best to fullfil my job as the acting head maid!"

And there's Flandre, being innocent, thought they are going to play.....again......

Flandre: "Not fair, you are having fun without me! I wanna play too!"
Meiling: "No no, young mistress. You see, we are working right now."
Flandre: "You lied, Meiling! Every time I passed by the gates, you are usually sleeping! "