Ch.5: stepped into the devil's lair

With a proper preparation, Akito along with KK's team, followed Reimu and Marisa to what they called the "Scarlet devil mansion", by flight. Despite knowing that, they were still clueless about the world they were living in as there are still a lot of areas in Gensokyo they had yet to be discovered.

As they were on the way to the mansion, Akito glided with the help of his allies' strength as he was recharging the boost he used up to flew across from the shrine.

Akito: "never thought flight can be so exciting!"
KK: "better than by plane of course. Be grateful that you can have longer glides and flight boosts thanks to us, you know!"
Ed: "Wish I could have teleportion ability, could have reach any place we want!"
Rinko: "Can't believe they became a bunch of monkeys jumping around the cage.
Erika: "*sweatdropped* well, boys will be boys..."

Of course, Reimu and Marisa flew beside him. The look on Akito's face reminds Reimu of Marisa when she's resolving an incident. Nevertheless, now it's three professionals get into business, all the chit-chats would just put aside.

Akito: "so why are we going places for that investigation?"
Reimu: "Since those unknown intruders appeared around the world, anyone can capture and figure out what kind of organism are they."
Marisa: "and in short, once an unknown force enters Gensokyo, it can be everyone's property. Speaking of these, I heard that you five had dealt with those creatures, is that true?"
KK: "indeed, but unfortunately, only Akito, Ed, Rinko and I were present during that incident. Erika.....I can't talk much about her. She suffered enough"
Reimu: "I see..."
Akito: "but at least, KK and his team are able to rest in peace."
KK: " until you woke us up."
Akito: "it was an accident!"
Reimu: "Alright, we're almost reached the mansion. Keep our voice down once we land at the gates."

In front of Akito's eyes stood a blood red mansion. The fog enshrouded the building and its surroundings, adding in an extra creepy atmosphere.

 The fog enshrouded the building and its surroundings, adding in an extra creepy atmosphere

Akito landed on the bridge near the gates. Compare to how it looked during flight, the mansion looked a lot bigger than he thought.

Ed: "that reminded me the great castle of Dracula in Romania"Erika: "I remembered my English teacher had us read that as one of the literature studies

Erika: "I remembered my English teacher had us read that as one of the literature studies."
Akito: "Most importantly, guys, this mansion was huge..."
Marisa: "(whisper) that's because to let intruders get lost and become dinner."
Akito: "huh?!"
Reimu: "stop scaring newcomers you idiot! *smack marisa's head* anyway, this is the first place where the owner capture those creatures."
KK: "so we find them, and take them to the shrine?"
Reimu: "or if possible, we'll exterminate them right away"
Rinko: "first thing first, how are we going to get around.....her?"