𝟢𝟣𝟧. 𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗉

𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄 ━━━━ 𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖥𝖨𝖥𝖳𝖤𝖤𝖭

𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | 𝖲𝖨𝖣𝖤 𝖠𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗉 !

𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | 𝖲𝖨𝖣𝖤 𝖠
𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗉 !

MADDIE WAS ABRUPTLY awaken by her mother banging on her bedroom door the next morning. "Maddie, come downstairs please, we need to talk." Maddie furrowed her brows as she stepped out of bed before making her way to her door.

"What's going on?" she asked as she opened her door.

"Come downstairs," Lainie told her daughter blankly before Maddie followed her.

When the two made their way downstairs, Lainie led Maddie outside, where she saw Zach and his mother standing on their front porch. Maddie furrowed her brows, "Zach, what's going on?"

Zach said nothing, simply held his head down as the girl's father returned with her brother. "Clay, Maddie," Lainie started, "you two remember Zach's mom, Mrs. Dempsey. She stopped by because something happened to Zach's car during the game last night, and she wants to ask you two if you guys know anything about it."

Maddie furrowed her brows before she turned her attention toward the car that had the words WHY ME? scratched into the paint. Maddie's eyes widened, "Holy shit-"

"Maddie," Lainie warned.

"Sorry," she mumbled again before she shriveled down under her mother's harsh gaze.

"I'm sorry, but what makes you think our children had anything to do with this?" Matt asked Mrs. Dempsey.

"He was at the game, actings strangely," Mrs. Dempsey explained, pointing toward Clay. "The ref had to kick him off the court because he was trying to harass my son, and it had come to my knowledge that your daughter and my son are friends. She's dating Zach's friend, Justin."

Maddie's brows furrowed in confusion. She said it herself: they were friends, so why would she have motive to key his car?

"Then why would you think my daughter hand anything to do with it?" asked Lainie. "And nobody saw who keyed the car?"

"Kids get jealous," she deadpanned.

"I'm asking you if anyone saw who keyed the car."

"I don't think Clay was jealous, and Maddie wouldn't do that-" interrupted Zach.

"You, hush!" his mother warned. "Look, I came here as a courtesy, I could have called the police."

"Well, maybe you should."

"Lainie-"

"No," Lainie told her husband. "Maybe they should let the authorities figure out who did this instead of coming here and pointing fingers and accusing our kids of vandalism."