𝟢𝟥𝟣. 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄

𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄 ━━━━ 𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖸-𝖮𝖭𝖤

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | 𝖤𝖯𝖨𝖲𝖮𝖣𝖤 𝖮𝖭𝖤 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 !

𝗐𝖾𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 !

5 MONTHS HAD PASSED since Hannah Baker killed herself. It had been five months since Jeff had died. Five months since Madelyn Jensen last saw her ex-boyfriend Justin Foley, and five months since the girl stepped foot anywhere near Liberty High School.

Within the five months Madelyn had been away, she had come clean to her parents about what Bryce had done to her, and even started going to a few therapy sessions.

Every now and again, the girl would wake up from very vivid dreams of the assault. Eventually her parents started to worry and started taking her to see a therapist. The dreams weren't as severe after, but she still experienced them.

Jessica, after getting over the shock of what had happened to her friend, reconnected with her. Jessica came over to Madelyn's a few times over the course of the five months to check in on her. Monty had too.

As well as reconnecting with Jessica and connecting further with Monty, Madelyn had also reconnected with Alex.

Five months ago, Alex had attempted suicide—shot himself in the head with one of his father's guns. He survived, thankfully, and Jessica, Madelyn, and Alex rekindled their friendship. Maddie was grateful to have so many people on her side, especially after everything that happened.

She wanted to let go of the past, but she knew she couldn't, so she was glad her friends helped her find strength in it. Enough strength, in fact, for her to return to school right beside Alex. Coincidentally, the Baker trial had also started the same day, making things even harder for Maddie, but she knew she had to push through.

Maddie gazed at the school through the passenger window of her father's car. As much as she got sick of being at her house, she hated the fact that she was back. She knew it wouldn't be the same. She knew it was gonna hurt.

The girl sighed as leaned down to grab her bag. She jumped slightly when she heard a knock on her window. She smiled slightly when she saw it was Jessica.

Maddie bid her father goodbye as she climbed out, Jessica throwing her arms around Maddie as soon as she closed the door. "God, I missed you."

Maddie smiled as she returned the gesture. "I missed you too, Jess."

Pulling back from the hug, Jessica gazed at the girl. "You doing okay? It's not too late to back out."

Maddie sucked in a breath as she adjusted her backpack's strap. She gazed up at the school behind Jessica as she pulled her lips into a tight line. "I have to do this, Jess. People are going to think I died."