𝟢𝟥𝟧. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗇𝗄 𝗌𝗅𝗎𝗍

𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄 ━━━━ 𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖸-𝖥𝖨𝖵𝖤

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | 𝖤𝖯𝖨𝖲𝖮𝖣𝖤 𝖳𝖧𝖱𝖤𝖤𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗇𝗄 𝗌𝗅𝗎𝗍 !

𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗇𝗄 𝗌𝗅𝗎𝗍 !

MADDIE STIRRED AWAKE as her eyes stung with tiredness. She heard rustling and fighting emitting from outside. Maddie furrowed her brows as she gazed at her alarm clock. Five in the fucking morning. She groaned as she grabbed a sweatshirt, meeting her parents in the hall as they rushed outside. She groaned when she saw her brother fighting his bike, throwing it across the lawn.

"Clay, it's five in the morning. What the hell's going on?" Matt questioned his son as Lainie and Maddie followed behind him. Madde shivered under the cold wind, pulling her sweatshirt sleeves over her hands and stuffing them under her arms.

"Skye is my girlfriend," he breathed, "but he haven't had sex, although we tried." Maddie cringed, rolling her eyes. "She's in the hospital right now, but not because she tried to kill herself. Someone just ran me off the road on my way home. Random? Maybe. Who knows? I can't explain any of it to you because I don't understand it myself. Now, does knowing this make this any better or worse for you?"

Maddie shook her head. "I'm going to bed. It's five in the morning and I have school tomorrow." Maddie could say she felt for Clay, but in all honesty, she couldn't have cared less. She did, however, hope Skye would be okay.

Lainie quickly grabbed her daughter's wrist, halting her form leaving. Maddie threw her head back in a groan. "Our agreement was that we'd talk about these things."

"When the house is on fire, do you discuss the fire or get out of the damn house?" questioned Clay, waling past his parents.

Maddie nodded. Weird analogy, but he did have a point.

Clay froze in front of the door. "Oh, and take the fucking tracker out of Maddie's car."

Maddie nodded pointing to him in agreement. "Please."

»--•--«

Maddie didn't expect Monty to be jumping at the chance of picking her up that morning. In fact, she didn't even expect him to text her. He did, though. It was short and sweet, it made Maddie's heart swell but also break.

From: Monty

Good morning. I hope you're doing better. Sorry I couldn't pick you up. Something came up. I'll see you later, though.
Also, don't worry about last night. I get it. We can talk about it if you want.

Maddie felt horrible for how she freaked out on him, but she was grateful he at least understood. Even if he were lying she knew he at least tried to understand.