𝟢𝟥𝟨. 𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗒𝖺𝗋𝖽 𝗏𝗂𝗌𝗂𝗍𝗌

𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄 ━━━━ 𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖸-𝖲𝖨𝖷

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | 𝖤𝖯𝖨𝖲𝖮𝖣𝖤 𝖳𝖧𝖱𝖤𝖤𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗒𝖺𝗋𝖽 𝗏𝗂𝗌𝗂𝗍𝗌 !

𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗒𝖺𝗋𝖽 𝗏𝗂𝗌𝗂𝗍𝗌 !

MADDIE DIDN'T KNOW WHY she texted Monty. She knew he probably was too embarrassed to talk to her. He crossed a line with her. He knew he did. He knew he didn't force her into it, but he still felt like a dick. He shouldn't have even remotely tried to cross that line without Maddie initiating it or telling him she was okay with it.

Monty was looking for an opportunity to talk to her. He wanted to... he needed to. Thankfully, the stars seemed to align when his phone chimed in his pocket.

From: Maddie

Wanna ditch? I can't be here.
I know you probably don't want to talk to me, but please. I need you.

I need you. Monty replayed that phrase over and over in his head as his eyes remained locked on his phone screen. It didn't take him a single thought before he texted her back, telling her to meet him by his car. When he got out there, though, Maddie was already leaning on it, chewing her nails.

"Maddie?" he asked when he saw her.

Maddie's head snapped up, and she gazed at him. Immediately, he saw her tears and took few strides over to her, wrapping his arms around her as she cried into him. "I can't be here, Monty. Please, I need to get out of here."

Monty nodded. "Okay. Okay. We will. Get in."

Maddie nodded, wiping her tears before she took a seat in Monty's Jeep. He climbed in as he turned the engine on. "Where do you want to go?"

Maddie bit her lip. "Um... would you mind taking me to Jeff's grave?"

Monty inhaled sharply before nodding. "Anything."

Maddie smiled, silently thanking him before she averted her head out the window, watching as Monty pulled out of the parking lot. She knew it was a lot to ask of Monty—ditching school despite him doing it plenty of times, and taking her to Jeff's grave, but she also knew Monty would take her.

Driving down the road, Monty gazed at her a few times, noticing her state. She tried to cover it, but he could tell she was silently sobbing beside him. Slowly, his hand reached forward, intertwining with hers. He expected her to pull it away, but she simply squeezed it, her head not daring to turn in his direction.