"Day 6"

1 day left until the Christmas Ball...It's Christmas Eve...

It's 12pm and Buck wakes up to his alarm going off for work. The light seeping through his curtains, blinding him hurts his head. He's hungover but has to get ready for work. He tries calling Eddie, but he doesn't pick up. He makes himself a quick meal and gets ready for work despite his eyes being puffy from crying most of the night. He gets Maddie to drive him down to Eddies house first to see if he's in. All the lights are off, and he knocks on the door, "Eddie! you in there?" Buck shouts. He tries using the door handle but it's locked. He looks through the kitchen window and sees Eddie laid on the floor with a knocked over bowl of cereal beside him. He bangs on the window screaming Eddie's name. He smashes Eddie's window and climbs through without a second thought about it. He catches his hand on broken glass but is more bothered about Eddie then himself. He pulls Eddie up and sits him on a chair. "Buck?" Eddie groans.

"Hey Eddie, it's me, what happened?" Buck asks trying to stop his hand from bleeding.

"I think I should be the one asking you that question" Eddie concerns

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Why were you on the floor?" Buck asks trying to keep Eddies attention

"I don't really remember, I went to clean my bowl up, next thing I know you're here". Eddie exclaims

"Yeah, you weren't answering my calls, I got worried" Buck places his hand on Eddies shoulder. "Look I've got to get my hand bandaged up and get off to work"

Maddie then walks up and knocks on the door. Eddie opens it and explains what happened.

"Hey, mads, can you look after Eddie today?" Buck asks whilst he finishes up bandaging his hand.

"I'm alright, honestly, I just had a bit too much to drink last night. I'm feeling better this morning though". Eddie lies trying to convince Buck.

"No, you're staying off today alright, you can't go back, not today". Buck demands

"Hey Eddie, we will uhm, get your window repaired and visit the firehouse later if you want" Maddie says.

"Sure, whatever, Cap wouldn't let me back anyways" Eddie huffs. "I'll probably just ditch the dance tomorrow".

"Eddie-" "No Buck, leave me alone" Eddie shouts as he storms off.

"What's that all about?" Maddie questions

"I'll explain on the way to work" Buck sighs.

40 minutes pass and Maddie gets back to Eddies house where she sees a window repair team and Eddie sat outside stressed out. She sits down next to him and says she heard about what happened last night.

"Wondered how long it would be before he told you" Eddie scoffs

"Hey, Eddie. Buck's a great guy. He's just confused right now. He wants to look after you and make you happy. He's trying so hard to maintain his life and juggle yours at the same time. He was already running late for work this morning, but he still took the time to come and check up on you. I've never seen Buck care so much for a person like he does with you. He told me how he tried to make a move on you last night. He said something like that he would never regret". Maddie explains

"Really? I didn't expect him to remember last night".

"Yeah, he felt crushed when you shut him down. He just thought you were protecting yourself from him. That you were too scared to get into a relationship. He paid for the bill and left as soon as he could to try and catch up to say sorry, but you were gone".

"I should just leave him; I'm ruining him and his life" Eddie sobs

"Eddie, you have made him a better person. After you joined the 118, he stopped messing around. He tried to be perfect for you. He couldn't stop thinking or talking about you. You were his best friend, he's never really been able to form connections with people, but you and him have something special and I would hate to see it get ruined. He has never really opened up to people other than me. And you. To Buck, losing you would be like him losing the better half of himself. If you love him, tell him before he loses hope."

"Thanks Maddie, can you help me to do that" Eddie smiles whilst glancing at Maddie.

The day flies by and Maddie and Eddie come up with a plan to tell Buck he loves him. They get the whole 118 in on it. Who will convince Buck that Eddie won't be going to the party. The shift is ending and it's time for the 118 to shine.

"Hey everyone before we all leave, remember the party is tomorrow but I got a call off of Eddie today saying he won't be attending due to him mentally struggling". Bobby sighs

"Awh, it won't be the same without Eddie" Chim sighs.

"I hope he gets better soon" Hen remarks

Buck's eyes tear up "Did he mention anything about me?"

"No, is there something you aren't telling us Buck?" Bobby tilts his head as he glares at Buck.

"What? No! I just think it might be partially my fault" Buck sighs.

"Eddie could never hold a grudge against you" Athena laughs

Buck chuckles and rings Maddie asking him to pick him up and take him home. 20 minutes pass and she arrives with Eddie in the car. Bucks face lights up at the sight of Eddie. He gets in the car.

"How come you're not coming tomorrow?" He asks as he puts his seatbelt on

"I've got a therapy session to attend to" Eddie sighs, trying not to let Buck see through his lies.

"Oh, I'm glad you're finally going to have someone to talk to" Buck shows a fake smile wishing he could be the one Eddie trusts.

"Well, let's get back home, ay" Maddie says as she turns the radio on.

Last Christmas begins to play. Buck remembers that it's Eddies favorite Christmas song and remembers when they were singing it together. He starts to tear up at the sound of Eddie mumbling the lyrics in the back. They get back home; Maddie leaves and they wrap presents, order take-out and watch Christmas movies.

"Hey, I'm just going to go the toilet" Eddie tells Buck

"Alright" buck replies, thinking nothing about it.

Eddie goes upstairs and pulls his present for Buck out of his blazer pocket. He holds it in his hand and gives it a light kiss and prays that tomorrow goes well. He goes back downstairs to watch the rest of the Christmas movie but by the end they had both fallen asleep. About an hour later Buck wakes up, turns the TV off, grabs a blanket and snuggles up to Eddie on the sofa hugging him tight wishing he would go to the with him to the Ball tomorrow so he could tell him how he feels. They fall asleep snuggled up to each other as usual.