Rescue mission

Bernard had finally gotten some time to himself. Pouring himself a cup of bubbling green liquid, he sits at the workshops chemist room. Suddenly, curtis rushes in.

"We've got a problem. Santa was at the Miller's, but he's not responding!" Curtis cries.

"What?!" Bernard jumps out of his seat, nearly shattering his mug in the process.

His soulmate was in danger! He could sense it. What it was, he did not know, but he knew it was bad. Laura had to have something to do with this!

"Do you want us to deploy the e.l.f.s., sir?" Curtis asks, bouncing on his heels.

"Absolutely! I'm coming with them!" Bernard quickly threw on his long coat.

"But sir, you're needed here!" Curtis protests.

"My soulmate is out there! In trouble! As their mate I am required to risk anything and everything to keep them safe! Need I remind you, keeper of the handbook?!" Bernard fights back and Curtis throws his hands up in defense.

"I guess I could take over for you, while you're gone." Curtis suggests.

"As much as I don't want to do that, you'll have to." Bernard rushes off, leaving a concerned Curtis behind.

Rushing to the E.L.F.S department, Bernard curses himself. If only he had gone with,none of this would have happened. If only he didn't agreed to Charlie tagging along, even if he had some good ideas. It was way too risky for him to do. But he couldn't just say no to his soulmates brother.

Making his way to the department, he slams open the door. Several elves jump and one falls out of their seat.

"Santa and the spirit of Christmas are in danger!" Bernard tells them.

"On our way sir!" The head of the department, an elf named Kenny, declares as all of them put on their jet packs.

"I'm coming with you guys." Bernard states, stepping forward slightly.

"If you say so, sir!" Kenny agrees.

Joining hands, they all disappear into a cloud of glitter. They appear on top of Charlie's roof.

As this is happening, a rather different performance is being drawn out in the holding cell with you and Scott.

"Look, I know you're Scott Calvin. You know you're Scott Calvin and (y/n) Calvin. So let's make this simple. I say, names. You say, Scott Calvin and (y/n) Calvin. " The police officer pressures.

"Name?" He asks Scott.

"Kriss Kringle." Scott says smugly.

"Name?" He turns to you.

"Christmas cheer." You protest.

"Name." He forces.

"Spirit of Christmas past, present, and future." You push.

"Name?" He asks for a third time, getting frustrated.

"Holiday joy. Festive cheer. Holiday blessings. Yuletide spirit. Festive joy. Joyous Noel. Christmas spirit." You rattle off, laughing.

"Okay, Calvins. Maybe a couple of hours in the tank will change your mind." The officer growls and stomps out of the room.

Scott turns to you.

"It'll be ok honey," He smiles sadly.

You nod and blink away stray tears.

Meanwhile Bernard and the E.L.F.S. are preparing to rescue Charlie. They land on Charlie's roof where he is sitting.