Part 5 - The Weekend.

*NATHAN'S POV*

Connor still had no idea that he was going to be seeing Tom again. It was a surprise for him and it was going to be an even bigger surprise when he finds out that he's spending the night at Tom's with him and Kelsey.

And he'll be the first to meet Sophia. She's Tom and Kelsey's daughter; she's three years old and acts just like Connor does.

Tom thinks they're going to get on with each other really well and will be causing trouble all night long. I would pay good money to see Tom running around after two hyperactive and easily aggravated three year olds.

I would love to see how Tom copes with actually being a parent. Maybe it has helped him realise how wrong he was when he tried to take Scarlett and Abigail away from me and Kimberly; he should see that a family belongs together and nothing should come between the bond which is built between them

No one should ever act in the manner that he did. But I'll just keep my opinion to myself; especially since Tom and Kimberly are talking. And that's something which hasn't happened in over ten years now. So for that to even happen is a shock in itself.

But if Kim is happy, then I am also happy.

I'm not going to do anything to take that away from her.

"Nath, are Connor and the girls awake yet?" Kimberly shouted at me from the kitchen. She was making me my morning cup of tea, like she did every single morning. And then I made her a bacon sandwich since that's about the only thing I managed not to burn the first time I tried doing it.

"Nope. Do you want me to get them up?" I replied.

"Nah, leave them for another half hour. I like having time to ourselves..." she said as she walked out of the kitchen and placed a mug down in front of me, before she threw herself onto the sofa next to me. Her head resting on my shoulder and my wrapped around her.

We hadn't spent any time like this together in a while because of everything that was going on around us. We just didn't have the time to do anything anymore; which is why I was looking forward to today and tonight.

I was going to make sure Kimberly had a good time because it's been such a long time since we've been out together. And she hasn't been out on her own in even longer because she is always worrying about the kids.

She needs a break once in a while.

"What time are Tom and Jay coming then?" I asked.

"Tom is coming at just before twelve, says he wants us to meet Sophia properly before he takes Connor out. And then Jay said he would be here around two, half two; depending on what time he finishes whatever he's doing!" she smiled.

"So, it's just going to be me and you here..."

"Can't remember the last time we had time alone!" she sighed, she missed it and so did I. We used to do it all the time and then it just stopped happening.

"I think it was probably when we had our honeymoon, and that's far too long. We need to do things like this more often!" I said with a smile on my face as I looked into her eyes. They were still sparkling with the same amount of love that they did on the day I first kissed her; I remember that day well and I'm not going to forget it in a hurry.

"How about once a month? We get rid off the kids for the night and just spend the time with each other..." Kimberly suggested and I did like the idea.

"That sounds like a good idea to me!" I replied, placing a gentle kiss on the top of her head as she snuggled up closer to me.

It was the moments like this that I lived for. They were perfect and nothing would take them away from me.