Part 9 - I'm An Idiot, Forgive Me?

Nathan's POV -

I walked up the stairs and stood just outside mine and Kimberly's bedroom door, the sound of her tears silently disappearing into the pillow broke my heart and made me feel like a complete idiot.

Of course she doesn't still have feelings for Jay, if she did then she would have acted on them a long time ago and she wouldn't still be with me. Telling me that I'm that she loves and I'm that she wants; that's not something you lie about when you've been together as we have.

I knocked on the door, waiting for a response. Hoping that she would want to see me. Not that I would blame her if she didn't and I would just leave her for a bit longer, until she had finally calmed down and no longer wished to murder me.

"Come to tell me that it's over and I can go off with Jay now?" she snapped through her tears.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I believe you and I believe that it was Jay..." I sighed.

"Why the sudden change of mind? I mean, you were pretty sure I still had feelings for Jay earlier?"

"Because I realised something!" I mutted, walking into the bedroom and sitting on the edge of the bed so I was actually talking to Kim and not a wooden door. It wasn't really that fun and I've always found that you get a better conversation than you do from a door.

"And what was that then? How much of a twat you were?"

"Well, yeah, I realised that after I said what I did. But I also realised, every single time you told me that you loved me, it was true and there was no lies in what you were saying. Every single time that you told me I was the only one for you, you were being serious and wasn't just saying it because you felt like it. And every single time you told me you have the perfect life now, you meant every word of it..."

"And how do you know I'm telling the truth?" she asked, sitting up slightly so that she was looking at me, a few stray tears rolling down her cheeks and a look of hurt written all over her face.

I was the one that had made her feel like that.

I was the one that had made her feel like I couldn't trust her and was going to critise her every move from now on, just to be sure that she's not sneaking around with other people.

I'd been a seriously crappy husband recently and that I had to change.

"Because I feel the same way as you. I love you more than anything, you're the only one for me; even with all your mistakes because you've used them to make our children the best that they can be and I've also got the perfect life. There is nothing that I would change about me and you, I love it all..." I replied, smiling as I thought about every memory I'd shared with Kimberly.

All the good ones.

All the strange ones.

And even all the bad ones which just made us stronger.

"Don't say something that you don't mean Nath. You'll only regret it later!" she sighed, throwing herself back down into the pillow so that she was looking up at the ceiling now. Still clearly pissed off with me.

"Kim, I do mean it. I mean every single word..." I replied, moving myself so that I was now leaning over her and looking right into her eyes; showing her that the was nothing but complete truth in what I had just told her.

"Get off me!" she stated, but I could see her trying not to laugh at me as she put her hands on my chest and just let them rest there.

"You can't want me off you that much, or you would have pushed me off by now!" I chuckled.