Part 8 - I Love You.

Kimberly's POV -

I heard the front door close, which was then followed by Nathan shouting through the house. Making sure I was actually at home and he hadn't just walked into an empty house.

Not that I had anywhere to go anyway. I was just left alone here with my thoughts; wondering if I had made all the right choices in my life because it seems like everything I do is just for nothing.

I can do something good, but it never seems to matter anyway.

It just gets thrown back at me. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother and why I even got into this mess in the first place; I could still be living in Bolton and who knows what might have happened to me then.

I probably wouldn't be living this life right now and I wouldn't feel the happiest that I've felt in years. I'd probably be living out my worst nightmare; in an awful relationship with children that I never wanted because of how much I hate life.

But I picked this life.

I've got everything that I ever wanted and there's nothing that I would change about what's happened in my life. I've got a husband who treats me like royalty, I've got three amazing children that mean everything to me and are proof that anything is possible and I've started to sort things out with my brother, we might even return to normality soon and just be like we used to be.

Now that would be amazing and I wouldn't mind that.

But guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens; if Kelsey has her way then we'll just go back to hating each other again.

"Mummy, look what daddy bought me!" Abigail screamed excitedly as she ran into the living room with a massive grin on her face.

"Stop waving it, I can't see it..." I chuckled as I looked at her.

"It's a new t-shirt, with daddy's face on it..." she laughed happily.

"Did you want that or did daddy make ou buy it?" I replied.

"Excuse me, I didn't make her buy it. She told me that's what she wanted, so I bought it for her!" Nathan laughed, appearing in the living room just behind the girls. He threw himself onto the sofa next to me and I just placed my head on his shoulder, still thinking about everything and wondering how it could be different if I'd picked another path.

"Are you sure? I know how much you love yourself..." I laughed, which caused Abigail and Scarlett to burst out laughing at the same time. They knew what I meant; Nathan spent a lot of his time in front of the mirror.

Mkaing sure that he looked absolutely perfect for each morning.

Will never understand the way he works sometimes.

"Mummy, be nice to daddy!" Abigail laughed, playfully hitting me on the leg as she did so. I grabbed hold of her and began tickling her, she begged me to stop laughing but I didn't really listen to her. And neither did Nathan since he joined in with the tickling.

It was always good fun and I loved being silly with my kids. They meant everything to me and everything had to be perfect for them; if it was the last thing that I did.

"I think we should stop now, agreed?" Nathan joked and I just nodded. Allowing Abigail to stand up, still in fits of laughter over everything that had happened just now.

So easily amused sometimes.

"Right, have you two packed your bags?" I asked.

"No!" they both replied in unison.

"Better go and do it then, only got half hour until Jay gets here!" I smiled as they ran out of the room with massive smiles on their faces, I just put my head back on Nathan's shoulder and went back to my thoughts.