4. Finding ways.

Yashaswini was a zombie for the next five days. She slept for sixteen straight hours after getting home from work. It was early hours when she finally woke up. Outside, there was a ray of light, implying that the sun was about to start rising. She was puzzled, not realising exactly where she was, what she was doing there, or how much time had passed. She has not slept for those many hours ever.

Yashaswini was hungry, however there was nothing for her to eat at home. All she found in her kitchen were some expired bottles of different flavors of beverages, dry cereal, and take-out menus. She made the decision to go out. She stepped out dressed in a long overcoat over her pajama pants and sweatshirt, zipped up her tall boots, and covered a thick scarf around her ears and neck. It was the beginning of December, and it was windy outside. She shivered as she walked, her coat wrapped tightly around her, with really no idea where she was going.

She decided to walk eastward on the vacant side streets from her West Village apartment until she actually realised she was in Times Square. She stopped just when she noticed the bright lights coming off the humongous screens, gracing the still-dark morning, having covered the 2 miles in a thick cloud. No matter what time of day or year it was, the Square has always been crowded.

She planned to spend the next five days wandering around, planning to visit all the places she couldn't get to while working at Allen Clifford. Yashaswini felt relieved now that she was no longer weighed down by anything. Her only major worry was deciding what to do next. But she chose to ignore that thought for the time being.

She did what she wanted, went to all of the places, went clubbing, and lived the complete week to the utmost.

She desired to continue for another week, but she was drained by the time she got home on Sunday. Her body gave out because she wandered through the streets looking for opportunities to enjoy and make the best of her day.

On Monday, she decided to stay at home. She was worn down. She needed a good massage and a big meal to get back to her routine.

She climbed out of bed and went to the supermarket. She gathered the essential items and prepared a hearty meal for herself.

She decided to devour a book after brunch. But she can not really focus solely on the book any longer. Her mind started to bother her with 'So, what's next?' thoughts.

She began searching for her phone and tried to call a number she hadn't called in a long time. It rang for 30 seconds, but no one on the other end answered.

She threw her phone on the bed and tried to take a nap. Her phone rang at that exact second. Before the other person could perhaps speak. 'Mom,' Yashaswini said quickly. 'I'm coming back home,' Yashaswini announced after a brief pause.

**************************************

Hope you guys like it.

Happy reading !!!

Do comment, vote and share among your friends.

Social Media presence:

Instagram: @theheemalichaudhari [https://www.instagram.com/theheemalichaudhari/]

LinkedIn: Heemali Chaudhari [https://www.linkedin.com/in/theheemalichaudhari/]

Twitter: @theheemalic [https://twitter.com/theheemalic]

Quora: [https://www.quora.com/profile/Heemali-Chaudhari]