3. This is not the right time.

Yashaswini's experiences pushed her back six years, when she enrolled in Harvard Law School. She left India for further studies after finishing her schooling in Mumbai, where she had spent the previous eighteen years of her life. She made the decision to never return to India the day she left. That thought was buried under the mountain of course work she received at Harvard.

Yashaswini was always determined to do her best. She had no intention of returning back to India, so she made damn sure she was fighting her battles appropriately and making the most of everything. She never shied away from putting in effort, whether it be at college or at work. She has always been continuing to work with a never-say-die outlook.

She had spent every second of every day of her life contemplating ways to do her job better. She'd been infatuated with attempting to prove her bullies guilty, with proving her worth at Allen Clifford, with her days and nights spent working, working, and working some more. She considered resigning now that she didn't have any other options.

A girl who had wanted to be a lawyer since she was in school, aiming to work at a large and one of the top 10 firms in New York, was considering stepping down. This is solely due to a man who formed an incorrect impression of her and did not work adequately as a mentor.

While following the trail of her thoughts, Yashaswini halted. She couldn't even think about it. This can't be happening. This cannot be happening. The thought repeated itself over and over in her mind. She was too young. She felt like she had done nothing of consequence yet. She could not stop living in the middle of her life. It could not end that suddenly. Could it? She can't go back to India yet.

She suddenly started feeling cold. She could feel her breath getting shorter and in gasps. She was trying to take deep breaths. She tried standing up. Eventually, she managed to grab her desk, took a few deep breaths and stood herself up with everything she had in herself.

She knew she had to get it together. She had been through worse. She knew she could fight this. She had faith in herself. But she did not know what to do next. Though she didn't want to rush into things. She wanted to give everything a thought once again.

Yashaswini never took decisions impulsively. She hated people who were impulsive or those who took decisions impulsively.

She was used to taking care of herself, mostly because there had been no one else to do that for her for a long time. The moment she left India she decided never to give power to anyone else but to keep it to herself. She knew and had learned it the hard way that giving too much power to anyone ends up hurting her in some or the other way.

Her brain automatically started working on a game plan. But eventually she thought that was extreme and had second thoughts. She was too scared to think about her life rationally. She felt like crying, but she hated crying. She always kept it cool and to herself. Never even in her exams, including the tough ones made her feel so clueless.

She rifled through her documents on her desk hurriedly in an attempt to find a blank page and a pen. Scribbling made things easy for her. It helped her clear her mind. She was about to grab the notepad that was in her drawer and Mr. Will asked her, 'What are you still doing here? Why aren't you in the library doing the paperwork?' For many obvious reasons Will has taken his precious moment of his time to stop by to take a look into Yashaswini's whereabouts.

Yashaswini quickly closed the drawer making a thud but she did not turn around to face him. She always wanted to be strong in front of everyone. Being vulnerable in front of others felt like a sin to Yashaswini. As she wasn't responding to Will's questions, Will thought raising his voice was gonna help. And he had to try his way, so he yelled, 'I'm asking you something, Miss. Thakur. ANSWER ME!'