𝓢𝓲𝔁

𝓢𝓲𝔁 | "𝒴ℴ𝓊'𝓇ℯ 𝓂𝓎 𝒜𝓅𝒽𝓇ℴ𝒹𝒾𝓈𝒾𝒶𝒸"

February 15, 11:32 a.m.

"Are you excited to go?" I ask Y/n as she buckles her seatbelt.

She smiles at me. "Yeah! It'll be fun. I mean, I know we're just going to look at chocolate, not exactly the most fun thing in the world, but it'll be fun since we're together."

"I so agree with you on that one! Do you want to go to lunch afterward?" I question next.

"Sure! I don't have much else going on today anyway. That sounds good."

"Cool," I respond, putting the gear shift in drive as we then make our way to any store that would have leftover Valentine's chocolate. Which here in this town? Seemed to be every store.

I wonder how different things would be for Y/n if she knew the entire concept of Valentine's Day was practically based on me and my mother.

"Uh, so," she starts an actual conversation now, "I talked to Jungkook this morning..."

"I see. How did that go?" I ask cautiously.

She sighs. "I'm sure I hurt his feelings, but I didn't mean to. I tried my very hardest to let him down gently. I told him even if it wasn't possible for us to stay friends for he to try and go out with Jimin for me." She states. "I know that Jimin would've wanted things this way."

"Yeah, that's true. Was he nice to you about it? I'll knock some sense into him if not." I threaten, hoping he wasn't cruel to her in any way just because she didn't feel the same way.

"No," she chuckles, "he was very nice and understanding about it. I just explained that while he's a really sweet guy and all, I just don't feel the same way in that context. But we luckily agreed to stay friends, and he's going to try and see what he can do about Jimin. I'm sure he only agreed because I asked him to, but I think his feelings will change once he actually tries. Jimin really likes him." Y/n then explains.

"I'm glad you two were able to work things out," I reply, genuinely meaning it.

She smiles. "Me too. I felt really bad for not returning his feelings, and I didn't want to make things all awkward and destroy our friend group, you know?" She asks, and I nod.

"I do know. But you should also know, that you never need to be sorry for not feeling the same way about someone. It's okay to not feel the same way about someone, and there's nothing wrong with that." I point out, as I park the car and open the door for her. She smiles mumbling 'thank you,' and we start to walk into the first store we'd stopped at; a general store. She starts to walk a bit ahead of me, and I contemplate whether or not I should do what I wanted to do, which was hold her hand.

I bite my bottom lip as I ponder it for a moment, before finally thinking 'fuck it,' and grabbing her hand. She looks up at me in slight confusion as she looks down at our intertwined hands, and I work up the courage to ask, "is it okay if I hold your hand?"