FOUR

Niklaus was full of rage.

      Lyanna had her father buried and Niklaus had been the one to dig the grave. She stood over it with tears falling down her face as she placed flowers over the grave. She thought about how he died from an animal attack.

          At least, that was what Niklaus told her. It made sense. He made a bite mark on his neck but there certain things that didn't add up like how it got into the house and why Klaus seemed so mad.

          She'd glance at him through her tears from across the grave. He had a clenched jaw, his shoulders were tense, and he had formed fists at his sides. It was like each tear enraged him; like he wanted to hurt whatever caused it.

        It was a type of protectiveness she wasn't to. It was obvious he'd harm those who harmed her and she really knew now just how much she meant to him.

         It was true. Murder was on his mind and it was all for her. It was like he'd set the rest of the world on fire just to make sure she'd never burn. And his rage knew no end towards Aurora de Martel.

           The redhead had left him a little note that only he'd find. It was covered in blood and he wanted to kill the redhead.

A little treat
from me to you
To remind you of NOTHING
as you watch tears in her eyes so blue

        But he couldn't just run off to hunt down Aurora. He had to stay to look after Lyanna. Her eyes were full of tears and it was always her eyes that could command him so. He wouldn't leave until there were no more tears left.

         "What will I do?" Lyanna questioned as she looked down at the grave before she muttered sadly. "He's gone."

          "You can't stay here," Klaus stated as he looked back in the distance towards her house. "It's not safe for you to be alone."

         Klaus did compel Aurora not to harm Lyanna. But he was still worried about the conniving redhead. He was also paranoid about every other possibility.

           "But...I have nowhere else to go," she said.

          Klaus furrowed his eyebrows as he approached her before wiping her tears away with his thumbs as gently placed his hands on her cheeks. He looked down at her intensely, eyes full of promises, "You always have a place with me."

            She swallowed at his proposal: to stay with him and his family in that large castle. She only thought of it for a moment as his eyes captured hers and she nodded in agreement.

          He wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they walked back to her small house. Once they got inside, he walked through her house by her hand with her eyes closed. The blood wasn't cleaned from the floor and she couldn't bare to look at it.

            He brought her to her bedroom before he placed her in front of him with his back facing the doorway. His fingers caressed her cheeks delicately, "It's safe."

            She opened those teary eyes as his soft touch soothed her before he spoke softly, "Get what you want the most for now."

           She nodded before she stepped away from him. There wasn't much that she could call valuable; she didn't care much for material things. But she got the necklace her father got her when she was little and she got one other thing: the drawings.