ONE

REBIRTH ONE
    Lya was reborn shortly after Niklaus and his siblings fled back to the Old World. Lya was born in the New World. They were continents apart and Niklaus never laid eyes on her for that very reason. It might have been a good thing that Niklaus never found her for this Lya had died young from sickness.

REBIRTH TWO

     Niklaus had finally found his Lya.

     It had been over a century since he had last seen her. He had started to think that the spell hadn't worked. And even though a century passed, Niklaus still missed her dearly. He tried to make his heart ache less by trying to move on from her. But it worked to no avail.

     Aurora de Martel was a lovely distraction but Lya had popped up in his mind whenever he was around the beautiful redhead. Whenever he lay with the girl, he wished it was Lya over and over again. And no matter how heavenly blood was, the thought of Lya held no equal. She was a stain on his mind that fogged his brain wherever he went.

         Lya Úlfarrsdottir was now Lyanna Affredus in this new life. She was the daughter of a poor farmer and therefore her surname held no significance. She was in the market holding a basket of barley and wheat as she watched with the rest of the crowd as a man unveiled a new type of monster.

"These demons live among you. Passing as human," Alexander, a hunter of the Five, declared as he approached a box on the stage.

Niklaus and Elijah watched in the middle of the square; the elder brother growing worried about exposure, "He's putting on quite the show."

"He is nothing," Niklaus responded. "I could eat him for sport."

"So, witness with your own eyes," Alexander unlocked the box and a man steps out, the sunlight starting to burn him. Lyanna gasped in shock and she turned away, walking through the crowd so she wouldn't see a man burn to death. Although, she heard his screams and that was more than enough.

It was in this moment as she was leaving that Niklaus caught a glimpse of her through the crowd. It was just a small split-second glance but he would know her face anywhere and his feet carried him instantly to where he saw her.

"Brother," Elijah furrowed his eyebrows as he followed. "What is the matter?"

        He stood in the crowd that had parted like the Red Sea knowing they were Lords. He tried to find her again, looking all around for her, and his eyes caught her walking quickly away.

         He felt like he stepped into a dream and he couldn't breathe properly. He couldn't help the smile that came to his face, "I found her."

     Her bright, blue eyes analyzed the countryside but he could tell something was on her mind the way her eyebrows were furrowed downward in sadness or fear. He automatically felt like killing whatever upset her.

        He took a step forward to go to her like he was a sailor falling prey to the siren. But Elijah grabbed his shoulder and he gave his older brother a dark look.

        "I am happy for you, Niklaus," Elijah stated. "But Aurora will need to be controlled."

         Niklaus rolled his eyes, "Aurora is of no concern right now. She is off with Kol."

        Niklaus shrugged him off and followed after his beloved. She seemed to sense his following because she turned around, surprising him. When her eyes met his, the market noise seemed to fall away as it felt like a tether was linking her to him.

        "Lya," he couldn't help but utter.

         She could feel her heartbeat skyrocket and become a drum in ear. She took a deep breath to get her bearings and bowed her head, noticing the expensive wear he was dressed in, "'Tis Lyanna, m'Lord."

           He wasn't expecting her not to know him; really, he didn't know what he expected. It threw him for a loop just by looking at her. He smiled, "Lyanna, please, call me Niklaus."

         ________

           Niklaus walked with her the whole way home, not taking no for answer in carrying the basket for her. They talked the whole way there, something about the two of them just clicking.

          "Did what happened at the market frighten you?" he asked.

          "Yes," she revealed. "But I suppose it frightens me more that a monster was killed without really knowing if that was truly so."

          He chuckled and shook his head, muttering, "You have not changed."

       "What?" she furrowed her eyebrows, not able to hear him.

         "Nothing," he answered as he looked at the farm that came into view. "Is this your home?"

          "Yes," she answered. "'Tis only me and my papa."

"Does he treat you well?" he questioned.

"Of course; I am lucky," she responded before frowning. "He will not like you."

"Is that so?" he smirked as he thought of compulsion.

"Yes," she confirmed. "And I will leave it up to you to get his approval...if you wish to see me again."

"There won't ever be a day that goes by that I do not wish to see you," he promised.

Lyanna tilted her head down as she blushed. She walked ahead as she took the basket from him. She turned back with a smile, "Then I wish you good fortune in your endeavor."

"I will not need it," he said as she began to walk away. "It is your approval I'm after."

"Then I hope you have forever because that will take some time," she said.

He smiled, "Forever it is, then."

AN: so because of Lya, Klaus never tells Aurora that he killed his mother and so Aurora has actually been with them for a century.