THREE

Lyanna was nervous.

She was riding with Niklaus to the rather huge castle he owned. She was to meet his family; well, three of his family members. He seemed to sense her nerves and the horse only went at a slow walk.

"What if they don't like me?" she voiced from her seat on the horse in front of him.

His arms tightened around her as if to comfort her as he chuckled. He laid a chaste kiss on the back of her clothed shoulder, "Please, Rebekah has been pestering me for months about you. She miss..."

He caught himself before he finished the sentence. She misses you. Yes, Rebekah was ecstatic to find that Lya had returned. She begged to meet her but he wanted her all to himself first.

"She grows tired of the company of men with only brothers," Niklaus answered. "She has always wanted a sister."

Lyanna smiled as they approached the tall, foreboding building, "I hope to be like one."

She studied the building before she commented, "Did you ever think of decorating?"

"What?" he said in preposterous tone.

"It looks so foreboding," Lya commented. "It could use some color like some flowers in the front or..."

Klaus chuckled, "I am supposed to be feared, love."

She turned her head sideways as she gave him a small, teasing smile, "Not by me."

"No," he agreed as he gained a little smile. "Not by you."

He stopped the horse and got off before helping her down. He grabbed her hand and pulled her alongside him towards the castle.

They walked through the doors into a massive room and a grand staircase. Three members stood in front of the staircase; one was a blonde girl who looked like she was nearly bouncing for joy.

As soon as they close enough, Rebekah did a little squeal and hugged the life out of her, "Lya! Nik has kept you away for far too long."

"Oh," Lya replied meekly from the strangled hug.

Klaus rolled his eyes, "I did no such thing."

"Yes, you did," Rebekah let go of her and glared accusingly at her brother. "She was my friend."

Lya blinked in confusion before she smiled softly at Rebekah, "Well, it's lovely to meet you, Rebekah."

"Just call me Bekah," she smiled excitedly again. "You and I are going to be like sisters aga..."

Elijah stepped forth and interrupted, "It is lovely to meet the girl our brother won't stop talking about. I'm Elijah."

Lyanna looked over at Klaus who looked down with slightly reddened cheeks. She chuckled a bit.

"Yes, it is a talent to turn our brother into a schoolboy," the other brother stepped forward. "The name is Finn."

Klaus shook his head as he muttered, "I should've never have brought her here."

"Well, I had no idea I made such an impression..."

"Oh, you did more than that. Nik also..." Rebekah started to tease.

Niklaus jumped in front of her, "Yes, that's quite enough, Rebekah."

"Yes, that is quite enough," a voice came from the staircase. "Aren't you going to introduce her to little old me, my love?"