Photos

Sunny, now dead, left his photo album in the original owner's house.

Basil picked it up off the couch, and slowly flipped it open.

He smiled a bit as his eyes darted to the picture of Sunny and Mari together... it was just those two in the photo... and they looked so happy. And now they're both dead.

He ran his fingers over the picture of Sunny, feeling the smooth surface, a small comfort to his aching heart.

He felt a tear race down his cheek and fall onto the photo... he quickly wiped it off, not wanting any damage to come to the last thing he had left of his dead friends.

He quickly slammed it shut, not wanting to be reminded of the loss that had happened.

He glanced at his clock... it was 2:00 in the morning... meaning Polly wouldn't be awake yet.

He quickly ran to the bathroom, in search of the sharpened gardening shears left there the night before. But... they weren't where he left them. Instead of gardening shears there was a note. He quickly recognized it as Hero's handwriting.

Basil-

I'm aware you might be looking for your gardening shears. I  know you might need them for gardening, but right now, I can't trust you with them. I've removed them along with all other stuff you can possibly use to harm yourself. If you'd like Kel or I to come over to help you with gardening and bring your tools over, just knock on our door.

-Hero (and Kel)

Basil sighed.